Twister sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're filming in Midwest City and are building a rodeo set. See this news article and video report. I am concerned about the looming actor's strike. I don't think filming will be completed before the strike.

News Article link

More vehicles supposedly being used in the movie… dunno if this is legit or not though. The mesonets look fairly realistic.View attachment 24412
A couple of days ago we were given a brief update; Mark L. Smith, the screenwriter for Twisters had the following to say:

"I talked to so many storm experts, tornado experts, storm chasers, and rode around with some. Even the tornado season itself, because of climate change, what used to be tornado alley going through a certain stretch. It now extends so further east, and it's moving across, and the dates are wider, and the numbers are higher, and the storms themselves are more violent. So we did use elements of that just to shine a light on it, as well, the causes and effects of climate change."

So it stands to reason that the film seems to be going for a more realistic approach, and naturally, that would have to reflect on the actual equipment used in the film.

I'm quite frankly happy about this approach as much as I love Twister (1996), there was very little actual meteorology apart from references and a couple of NSSL scenes.

I’m surprised the screen writer said, in reference to tornadoes, that the numbers are higher and more violent. Statistically the number of tornadoes has been below average in 14 out of the last 18 years and the last EF-5 was Moore on May 20th 2013. I believe that’s the longest drought in our recorded history.
I hope we don’t have a movie version of you know who saying how “insane!” the chasing has been….

and the storms themselves are more violent.

I wouldn’t get too excited about the screenwriter being more meteorologically realistic. There is no evidence that tornados are “more violent.” In fact, the last EF-5 tornado was 10 years ago, which I think is a record length of time without an EF-5.

I wouldn’t get too excited about the screenwriter being more meteorologically realistic. There is no evidence that tornados are “more violent.” In fact, the last EF-5 tornado was 10 years ago, which I think is a record length of time without an EF-5.
At this point, I’m not expecting a scientifically accurate movie. I just hope the movie is entertaining and has just enough realism for it to not be completely ridiculous. The original Twister movie wasn’t the most accurate either, but it wasn’t outlandish, and it was realistic enough to be enjoyed.

Numbers are higher and more violent may be in reference to tornado events rather than individual tornadoes, as they become more clustered around high profile big-impact days in more populated areas (east and southeast).

At this point, I’m not expecting a scientifically accurate movie. I just hope the movie is entertaining and has just enough realism for it to not be completely ridiculous. The original Twister movie wasn’t the most accurate either, but it wasn’t outlandish, and it was realistic enough to be enjoyed.
I remember my Mom fainting and having to leave the theater during the original Twister. I think she may have vomited- then again I was 8, so don't quote me. The movie was realistic enough for a stoic woman such as her, to have completely embarrassed us.

Youtube has multiple uploads of the trailer now for your viewing enjoyment. To me parts of it looks promising, other parts look lame.

The real trailer has not yet released. I hate that people are posting fan made trailers and advertising it as the real thing. Multiple news outlets are reporting that the trailer will premier during the Super Bowl, however I’m not sure the credibility of these claims.
It looks like all the ones out there now are fake. The one I watched (that was different than the obvious fakes out there now) didn't claim Helen Hunt was in it like the fakes I see now do. I can't find the one I saw - it might have been a fake too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back