TS Beryl

RMacDonald

Thought I would go ahead and get this thread started. Active weather pattern across the states with the severe weather potential across the Midwest and now TS Beryl. Looks like Beryl is heading just north of the Jacksonville, FL area. Looks like some much needed rain for the Florida area. Showing areas of rainfall of 3-6 inches with this tropical system, along with winds gusting up to 50-55 mph. Be interesting in watching the next 12-24 hours to see how this one will pan out. Thoughts?

I am really hoping we get some significant rainfall here in south Georgia.

Beryl should drench the coast, and I hope you guys get all the rain you need, but I am more
interested in the tornado risk in the next several days.

Last time I checked, after landfall the depression was expected to eject back out over the ocean,
moving NE, and resume TS status by Tuesday.

With a stalled front over the mid-atlantic states, if Beryl hugs the coast on the way out,
maybe, just maybe, this might make for some good chasing over Delmarva, and the
VA and NC coast.

Beryl increased in strength a bit, ran my analysis for the region and tracking rain accum or around .75 over next couple of hours with winds around 35mph with gusts up to 43mph in heavier squalls. Output posted http://smartwxmodel.net/Storm2.htm

Back