2024 Tropical Season Discussion

We finally have something to watch. Front in the Gulf provides some convergence. Tucked into the western GOM about as "good" as can be expected this year now. Next week, who knows? Medium chances of development, though.
Will potential "Francine" have enough time over water? Note the cloud band from area of concern arcing northeast toward coast near Louisiana.
Image.jpeg

Wow, can a potential pathway toward Louisiana look anymore oblique as future TS Francine looks to skirt the long TX coastline this week?
If I still lived in NOLA, I would venture outside. But, if a number of you dedicated hurricane-chasers feel non-plussed, I certainly get that!

Last edited:
Gordon has weakened to a tropical depression and is expected to turn NNE and either become a remnant low or restrengthen into a tropical storm later this week based on current NHC discussion. Meanwhile, Potential Tropical Cyclone Eight, while reportedly moving erratically, is in an area of relatively low shear and has the potential to intensify and become a tropical storm (Helene) within the next 12 hours.
View attachment 26276

Back