the countdown is on

For those who feel the jaws of SDS clamping down these days, I posted a java applet on my front page. Many chasers consider their season to start well before May, but I have to use May 1 (if I'm lucky and get school wrapped up in time).

So for a nonstop countdown to the 13Z SWODY1 on May 1, 2005:

http://cycloneroad.com

Amos

Thanks for the reminder! :lol: But come hell and high water, I intend to have logged miles long before that counter reaches 0!!! Muah hahahaha!

Im a very antsy person...and I actually consider the "Season" to begin March 1st. Its the start of meteorlogical spring...and does usually yield a couple events, big or small. Its not the biggest month, or even a very big month at all for chaseable events, but, it does signify the start. Plus...when you consider March 1st...its only 34 days away :)

Well, I leave for my chase chase vacation on April 28th, so I have 93 days left to go, LOL.

Just wait and see... I bet March will have a major outbreak! :eek:

..Nick..

Well, I leave for my chase chase vacation on April 28th, so I have 93 days left to go, LOL.

Just wait and see... I bet March will have a major outbreak! :eek:

..Nick..

Maybe not a "major" outbreak but definitely some chase opportunities. especially south of the red river as usual. Can you say Throckmorton :wink:

I always have 1 or 2 good chases in march and definitely in april even though the storms do move at 50kts. I like the idea of the countdown Amos just think for us lucky ones down south it will be chase time way before we hit 0:00:00 We need a countdown to the chase convention first since it will be our first relief of SDS

Lol...
I agree with Andrew...March 1 is the most important day of the year :D ! Spring break starts March 12 and a bit of convection sometime that week would be so nice...even if it is a crapfest squall line (I don't to be greedy :wink: ).
Did see some early signs of spring on campus today...a couple of dandilions AND a daffodil in bloom :shock: :shock:
Bring on the puffy, twirly clouds!!!! :D
Angie

Countdown

I to am counting down the days till March 1st! I called my doctor and asked what he could prescribe me to help ease my SDS-answer:

BEER and re runs of Storm Stories!! :wink:

I'm more fond of Daylight Saving Time than with March 1st or the beginning of spring. The atmosphere certainly doesn't vary with the time change, but my work and class schedule certainly do! Plus, by that time, big time moisture is finally being realized (as opposed to the paltry Tds of early spring).

Here's to spring! :D

Gabe

I tend to side with those who name March 1st as the starting point. Usually by that time of year, some locations within the Southern Plains or across the South has experienced some severe weather.

And for all intents and purposes, it is Spring to me when I flip that February page of the calendar over to reveal March.

Of course April and May are usually far better for my general area. But hey, we need a somewhat active, yet usually slower month to get us started and serve as an appetizer. March seems as good as any time to meet this standard. Plus, using March is a much better psychological boost than May, since it allows us to see a light at the end of the tunnel and get through the horrible months of January and February.

-George

Back