Sean Casey - VORTEX2

One of my favorite things to read is posts by members who DO NOT normally contribute to this forum in any way. They only post to ask for us to buy something, to defend someone who has done something stupid, or to ask forgiveness for something they have done.

I'm glad Sean posted because things were getting out of control. Now I'd like to see him address some of the questions that are asked in this thread as a result of his post; otherwise the whole thing is worthless.

Dear Forum Participants

Code:
    *  Last Activity: 11-28-2010 07:26 PM
Considering that he posted and immediately signed off and hasn't been back since says something doesn't it. Still wait and see if he even signs in again...even if he doesn't post.

I’ve heard that some people are blaming or targeting Josh Wurman and VORTEX2 for what they perceive as their impeding on the TIV’s mission last spring. [...]They don’t deserve to be criticized.

Was anyone here criticizing Wurman for anything besides his comments from 5/19 about how he owns the roads on storm days? I appreciate Sean posting and shedding some light on how the show works, but I don't recall seeing anyone clamoring for this explanation.

106 thanks? This is America and all, and I fully support your right to thank anything that moves... but an apology for something no one here was worried about is now the most important post on the site? :cool:

Code:
    *  Last Activity: 11-28-2010 07:26 PM
Considering that he posted and immediately signed off and hasn't been back since says something doesn't it.
Exactly! If I went around to some other message board that I didn't participate on, posted some insincere apology (and lets be honest, this is some seriously desperate PR clean up), and then you never heard from me again, would that not be considered spam? It seems this apology should be directed more toward the Storm Chasers forum on the Discovery website or to some sort of television website. I gotta believe 98% of the people on this board know that the show is distorted and edited to be fictitious, so in essence this apology is like preaching to the choir. No, I will not be the 105th 'Thanks' on this one.

I think the whole issue is rooted in comments (threats, personal attacks, complaints, etc) made on Youtube after the episode aired showing said video. So perhaps Sean needs to make a video for his Youtube fans, probably with some overly dramatic music playing in the background, where he explains/apologizes to all the butt hurt TIV fans who are actually blaming everyone else for what really was the TIV crew's fault. I don't recall a single thread or post placing any blame on Dr. Wurman or the V2 crew for this mess.

It seems this apology should be directed more toward the Storm Chasers forum on the Discovery website or to some sort of television website..

Interestingly enough, this exact same message was posted on the discovery forum right around the same time as this one:

http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2711927239/m/12419059601

Even though this is likely a PR move, I respect anyone who is willing to stand up to something they did and explain it.

James

"I (walking to mailbox) really hate to see V2 (picks up envelope) get dragged through the mud (opens envelope) because of something (pulls out check) I did that was irresponsible (drives to bank) and to see my friend (fills out deposit slip) get the brunt of the hate (signs back of check) really bothers me (deposits funds)".:rolleyes:

Judging by the duplicate tweets over the weekend from the V2-NSSL account directing folks with comments to the Discovery site, I'd say they are taking some serious heat from a lot of folks. The lesson to be learned from my perspective...be careful who is portrayed as the face of your organization ;)

I'd still take the material on TV with a grain of salt, and clarification rarely hurts when coupled with some follow-up...it helps knock down the hot spots after attempting to put out the flames.

Judging by the duplicate tweets over the weekend from the V2-NSSL account directing folks with comments to the Discovery site, I'd say they are taking some serious heat from a lot of folks. The lesson to be learned from my perspective...be careful who is portrayed as the face of your organization ;)

This is the part that I don't understand. The two entities are entirely separate.

Since V2 wasn't responsible or otherwise accountable for the actions of the TIV, those associated with V2-NSSL shouldn't have to be worried about having to take heat from people that are woefully misinformed in assuming that the two entities are somehow intertwined.

Internet rage is a beautiful thing, and I'm just glad that Sean lumped us in with the mouth-breathers that are white-knighting him on Youtube and Facebook. I'll be sure to thank him next time his producers want something from us and he posts here again :D

All-

I am posting this on behalf of Josh Wurman. Josh has put together a pdf document echoing some of the comments Sean had, but in much greater detail. I won't be adding any other comments or answering lingering questions, as this does not pertain to myself.

Click here for pdf

-Justin

Storm Chasers” is a Reality TV series. It is not a documentary. It is not a news show.
Many reality shows (but I won’t comment on “Storm Chasers” in particular) are
dramatized, partially-scripted, series, are entertainment, designed to be exciting, that
cover real events and people while including scenes and plot lines and dialog crafted,
encouraged and suggested by production crews in order to increase the drama level
and entertainment value of the shows.

I guarantee you that this site wasn't one of the "lets get Josh Wurman sites"

Back