Rocky/Stormtrack Picnic: Wakita, May 28

There's no indication that RSVP is necessary. Is that true? Just show up?

Floss and I should be there.

Everyone, regardless of your opinion of the movie, the museum is really interesting, and Linda is the sweetest.

Bob

Originally posted by Shane Adams+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shane Adams)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Karen Rhoden
There's a \"SLGT-MOD\" risk that we'd attend if it was at Rocky's. If it's up in Wakita - I'm afraid we'd just be looking at a \"SEE TEXT\".

KR

Some of my best chase experiences have come on days where nothing much was expected....and of course we all know there are some High risks you don't waste your time on.[/b]

Yeah OK Shane, you win. Well done.

Originally posted by Bob Schafer
There's no indication that RSVP is necessary. Is that true? Just show up?

Floss and I should be there.

Everyone, regardless of your opinion of the movie, the museum is really interesting, and Linda is the sweetest.

Bob

Very true Bob! And it is kinda cool to see some of the locations that were used as open sets for the movie. The people in that town are some of the nicest you could ever meet.

If they have the party in Wakita and I am in the area, I will attend assuming there is no chance of storms across the Plains. I'll use the same standards as have applied to previous Stormtrack parties. No slight risk in Tornado Alley.

It doesn't matter if the party is in Wakita or Oklahoma City. In the whole scheme of storm chasing, the distance to Wakita from OKC isn't that significant. To save on gas, folks can car pool. I have been to Wakita and they are very nice.

If the event is held in Wakita, they will have to understand that a forecast for storms (even a slight risk) will cause most chasers not to attend.

If Rocky has the party, I will also go. He has done such a great job with Stormtrack parties in the past.

Bill

Awesome! Finally one that falls during the time I will be out for my chase vacation! Since I will be chasing May 21 - 31, I will be there if there is no chance for decent storms. Looking forward to it!

I hope Jonas "Nightcrawler" Miller is there. I would love to parade around in a caravan of black caravans. Ya, I heard too that Bill was really cool to the people their and got into the character for the movie.

Well, looks like I might stop by as well, with two friends! Looking forward to finally meeting some of you folks down there. I'll be the short one with long brown hair :lol:

Barring chasable weather, I'll definately be there! Actually very excited to attend this year's picnic... whomever I have riding shotgun with me will have to endure all your weird storm chasing folks, as well! :wink:

Hi all,

My crew will definitely by attending depending on what happens of course. There are some new attendees that I would like to catch up with all.

Regards,

Jimmy Deguara

If its a nice quiet wx day then Kanani and I and the rest of the gang will be there. If there is wx anywhere in the plains we will catch the next picnic.

Yea, I think I will be there too as long as it is quiet. Never been to one of these picnics before. I am looking forward to meeting a lot of you.

Back