Rocky/Stormtrack Picnic: Wakita, May 28

WHAT: The annual Rocky Rascovich / Stormtrack Picnic.
WHEN: May 28th at 12:30pm. If it's a moderate risk in KS/OK/north-TX, rain dates will be Sun. 29th, June 4th and 5th. This commemorates the 10th anniversary of the filming of the blockbuster movie Twister.
WHERE: Wakita, Oklahoma at the Twister Museum. It will be held in the center next to the museum.
WHO: Hosted by Rocky Rascovich, and Linda Wade of the Twister Museum. Call 580-594-2312 for more info or E-mail [email protected] .
WHY: The annual chaser get together, that's why!
NOTES: Bar B Q Brisket on the 28th with a $5 donation starting at noon. Bring lawn chairs. There will be food available on rain dates for those that can't make the 28th date. The museum is celebrating their anniversary the entire week of May 28 through June 5th, with daily open house from 1-5pm.

I wonder if she'd come if someone from the museum invited her...you never know! I'm getting quite a funny mental picture in my head at the moment...could you imagine what all of the men would do if she walked in the door? Anyway, sounds like fun! Take lots of photos!!

...could you imagine what all of the men would do if she walked in the door?

Hunt's not my thing....now if Jamie Gertz were to walk in.... :wink:

We're leaving for our chase vacation May 13 and we'll be on out there the weeks of May 16, 23, and 30th, so hopefully May 28th will be a good weather day and we'll get to come to the picnic. :)

I think if anyone was to show it would be Bill Paxton. I've heard several accounts that he was quite the gentleman during filming and went out of his way to talk with chasers, while Helen Hunt was the opposite. Seriously though I'd be surprised if anyone from the crew showed up.. it's hard to get seats from L.A. to Wakita International Airport these days.

I think if anyone was to show it would be Bill Paxton. I've heard several accounts that he was quite the gentleman during filming and went out of his way to talk with chasers, while Helen Hunt was the opposite.
Bill rode with a VORTEX probe during the 4/19/95 chase in SC OK (yes, same day as the Murrah bombing). I think Cary Elwes also rode with some chasers (outside of VORTEX) during filming.

Several of us met Bill on one of the Twister sets in Norman. Really cool guy. Helen was there too, but she didn't come over to say hello.

Oh now c'mon... Flight from LA to OKC? That can be done. Then puddle jumper to Wakita. Of course in June, that could be the flight of a lifetime!

Must've missed the <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags... :lol:

Seriously though I'd be surprised if anyone from the crew showed up.. it's hard to get seats from L.A. to Wakita International Airport these days.

You mean he's not serious? Awww shoot. Here I was lining up the guy you see in my avatar..... :D

Heck someone should invite them both. Maybe even get the press involved. This could be like chaser Woodstock or something. Hey speaking of which what bands are going to be playing at this get together?

Hmm, while we're at it perhaps we can invite the Girls Gone Wild crew, and have everyone bring lots of those Mardi Gra beads! Yep, that's the ticket!

I'd rather it if the annual picnic was just at Rocky's as per usual. One or two others have voiced the same preference on another list, too....

There's a "SLGT-MOD" risk that we'd attend if it was at Rocky's. If it's up in Wakita - I'm afraid we'd just be looking at a "SEE TEXT".

:lol:

KR

Originally posted by Karen Rhoden
There's a \"SLGT-MOD\" risk that we'd attend if it was at Rocky's. If it's up in Wakita - I'm afraid we'd just be looking at a \"SEE TEXT\".

:lol:

KR

Some of my best chase experiences have come on days where nothing much was expected....and of course we all know there are some High risks you don't waste your time on.

Back