Rocky's Stormtrack Roundup

The current day 2 for tomorrow shows a slight risk thru western KS. If the new outlook which comes out thisafternoon (May 21) continues this, there will be NO picnic tomorrow and the next available date will be Sat. May 29th.

More on this later today.

May 22nd ... NOT TO BE

Well, another date bites the dust. The slight risk for tomorrow barely gets into the area of Kansas that will preclude the get together from happening.. that and on advice from a couple of people, that many who are still on their chase holidays will be chasing up in KS.&NE. for this date but the next Saturday May 29th IF the models verify, should be fairly quiet region wide, plus many will be back in the OKC area wrapping up their vacation and chase tour group.

So next Saturday holds out some hope that we'll have the picnic. Stay tuned for more details by mid week.

Happy chasing!

Rocky&family

May 29th in doubt?

Models continue to indicate a good chase set up for the area in SW KS. for Sat. which is in the area that would preclude yet another chase picnic date. Final call will be tomorrow evening. If none of these dates (last potential date is June 5th) .. then I'll shoot for a summer get together early in July. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Rocky&family

Rocky, as you know, my brother is coming in from Anchorage this Friday but we have a family get together on Memorial Day weekend. My fingers are crossed that June 5th may turn out to be the day for your picnic. My brother would love to make it up there for the event. If it turns out to be on this date, there we should be able to make it.

Matt

Stormtrack picnic/open house is ON for this Saturday May 29th 1pm!

Despite the risk for severe weather in parts of western KS. on north and because a couple of tour groups will be returning to the OKC area.. our Stormtrack Roundup will go on as scheduled this Saturday, 1pm at my farm 5 miles NW of Piedmont. Directions can be found using Mapquest, Google street finder or your favourite mapping software by typing in 5504 Hall Rd. NW, Piedmont, OK.

You can bring your own food if you like but my wife Dee has hamburger, chicken, hot dogs, etc. that we'll fire up on the grill. We'll also have pop and snack foods as well. Bring an edited video for everyone's enjoyment.

Donations will be accepted if you like, both monetary (or a chase video? :D)
If you do bring food and if there is any left over, please take it with you when you leave.

Hopefully we'll have a decent turnout.. response as been a little lackluster for this event. I MAY entertain a second get together the following weekend for those who are still on their chase holidays but can't show up this weekend. We'll see how this goes.

Looking forward in seeing you!!

Directions to picnic

PICNIC IS ON FOR TODAY MAY 29th! Here are the directions from I-40.

West out of OKC to the Kilpatrick Turnpike.. North on the Kilpatrick to NW Expressway Hwy 3 exit. Go west to Hwy 4. Make a RIGHT, go north thru Piedmont to NW 206th St./Apache. Make a LEFT.. Go Aprox. 1.5mi. to Hall Rd. which is a dirt road (watch the potholes!).. this is the third road after you crest a hill on 206th. If you go to Frisco.. you've gone too far. It is one road BEFORE Frisco Rd. Make a RIGHT on Hall Rd.. take that to the end.. (about a half mile) it goes into our drive way.

Picnic starts at 1pm.. We should have enough food after all as truthfully I don't expect many to show.. but feel free to bring food if you like. Bring an edited video if you wish.. most importantly just bring yourself.

Looking forward in seeing you!!!!

Back