*New Users. Meet and Greet Area*

That would be great, Mark. I bet going out to Myakka has given you the opportunity to get some great Milky Way shots. Please keep me in mind when the action starts again, I would love to team up and doing some chasing (and learning)! Thanks!

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Stormtrack mobile app

Hey Ken,

That would be great. you guys had some very active storms this past season. I took many of my pictures from the Skyway into Bradenton and got some great shots.

We will have a great time.

Mark
813-345-6024

Hello Everyone. I am David Thomas. I am really interested in becoming a professional storm chaser. My interest with severe weather and tornadoes started with the 1996 movie, TWISTER. However, my interest level went down for many years until April 16, 2011. That day, the worst tornado I can recall during my lifetime hit Bertie County, NC. However, that day also really revived my interest and fascination with severe weather and tornadoes. My fascination with it has gotten stronger as the weather I remember from my youth is not the weather we have now. Thanks to the administrators for allowing me to join this group and I hope to further my interest and possibly become a professional storm chaser.

Sent from my XT1585 using Stormtrack mobile app

Hello Everyone. I am David Thomas. I am really interested in becoming a professional storm chaser. My interest with severe weather and tornadoes started with the 1996 movie, TWISTER. However, my interest level went down for many years until April 16, 2011. That day, the worst tornado I can recall during my lifetime hit Bertie County, NC. However, that day also really revived my interest and fascination with severe weather and tornadoes. My fascination with it has gotten stronger as the weather I remember from my youth is not the weather we have now. Thanks to the administrators for allowing me to join this group and I hope to further my interest and possibly become a professional storm chaser.

Sent from my XT1585 using Stormtrack mobile app

Welcome David!

Hi Everyone,
I am an weather geek from Cincinnati, Ohio and I am happy to meet all of you! My name is Jennifer McMahan, I am currently a student at Cincinnati State. I Stream through SVLMedia and provide ground truth.

I have been a weather geek for many years and started storm chasing a couple of years ago. I have chased in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana but just finished my first chase in tornado alley...what an experience that was! Happy to be here and hope 2015 is a great and safe season!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Stormtrack mobile app

Greetings everyone, I am Liam Dobson and I'm a totally obsessed extreme weather enthusiast from South-East Australia. I grew up in a small city named "Wodonga" and still live there until this date. Like many of us my obsession started when I was around 5/6 years old and watched "Twister (1996)" for the first time. I am studying and learning how to forecast thunderstorms, supercells and tornadoes. I'm also studying on the airflows/processes that can go on inside a tornado, vortex breakdown is one of them. I currently have a poorly constructed open air tornado model that can create vortex breakdown but usually the breakdown never makes it to the ground. I hope I can learn a thing or two from you all and get to travel to the states sometime as I am missing out on most of the fun in down under, especially when your town is surrounded by hills.

Greetings everyone! My name is Tommy Wilson and I am located in the beautiful northwoods of Wisconsin, about an hour South of Lake Superior. I have only been on a few chases so far, nothing real major as we don't get much sever weather this far North. I have some weather knowledge as I took a weather and climate class in college and it really sparked my interest. I have always been very interested in weather and especially in thunderstorms and tornados. When I was in high school ('89 to '90) I used to have a police scanner and would sit and listen to it constantly and would wait for some good weather to watch. I have spent many years studying and researching weather, from reading books on weather and watching educational videos to learn as much as I can. I am really looking forward to meeting new people on here and learning everything I can from all of you and making new contacts. You can email me at:
storm [email protected] if you would like. I would really love to hear from some of you.

Hi Tommy, I'm up North too in Menominee MI. Nothing like the challenge of chasing up this way. About every leap year we get a good storm and then you have to fight the trees and hills just to see anything. I guess that's why God made the southern plains... Welcome aboard

Hey everyone, I'm Sam
I'm originally from central Arkansas, living up in northwest Arkansas now. I'm 24, and hoping to eventually move over to Norman to finish school with a degree in Atmospheric Sciences. I've seen a couple stovepipe tornadoes(just happened to be traveling at the right times), but I'm hoping to get out and watch more.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Stormtrack mobile app

Hey everyone, Brett here.

I live in the Collinsville, OK area about 15 miles north of Tulsa. I've lived in OK for all of my life, around the Tulsa and the Norman areas primarily. 31 now, always been fascinated with meteorology (regret not majoring in it at OU) since I was a little kid. Anytime Gary was on I was glued to the TV watching. Growing up here I love to monitor the radar and watch chaser streams whenever an event pops up. Never been chasing in person but I'm definitely going to try go this year. I lurked here the past couple years mainly following the target area threads, been trying to self-teach myself the advanced-basics (if that makes sense haha) of what all goes into forecasting a tornadic event.

Back