*New Users. Meet and Greet Area*

Hey guys. My name is Michael Stohs and I am from Gridley, KS. I've been chasing for the last five years and loving every minute of it. Figured it was about time I joined. I'm horrible with introductions so I will leave it at that. Good luck to everyone this season.

I've been lurking for a while but I'll introduce myself. I'm Greg, live in Boulder, CO, and have always been interested in weather since I was a kid, but have finally been able to make storm chasing a hobby I can finally get into. I have only chased 10x or so since 2014, but hope to do a bit more this year as I've been learning as much as I possibly can about weather in the "offseason".

Having never seen a tornado, the goal of 2015 was to see just one. After taking a half day at work and chasing between noon and 9pm on June 3rd, I decided to just watch the radar on June 4th, but after work around 5:45pm, decided to drive towards Longmont to see what was happening after seeing some ominous looking clouds were growing in that direction. Was in the right place at the right time and captured the Longmont tornado for a 10+ minutes -
. Thankfully it formed 3 miles north of town and stayed out of populated area -- it did some EF-3 damage to 11 homes I believe along it's path through mostly countryside.

Though it was my first tornado, I probably stayed at least 4 miles from it. It was also moving W and as inexperienced as I was, I knew that was really unusual and the radar wasn't really a hook but a blob, so decided to keep my distance. Tornadoes aside, I also love clouds, snow storms, and really any kind of weather events. I experienced the September 2013 Boulder flood, where I had to evacuate my apartment. Growing up in NJ, we'd get summertime squall lines quite often, but living on the leeward side of the rockies the past several years has kept me on my toes. I get the impression that people in Colorado pay attention to their weather way more than NJ.

I generally won't chase too far outside of Colorado, but love any chance I get to chase weather around the eastern half of the state when the opportunity arises. This forum has been very helpful in understanding weather and chasing etiquette + tips. Cheers!

Hello, fellow weather nerds! My name is Wesley Reeves. I've lived my entire life in the Denver metro area. I have been interested in the weather since elementary school, and I knew at a young age that storm chasing was something I hoped to one day achieve. In 2013 that dream became a reality! I hope this community gives me the opportunity to build a wealth of knowledge, while forging new friendships in the process! Thanks!

Hello, fellow weather nerds! My name is Wesley Reeves. I've lived my entire life in the Denver metro area. I have been interested in the weather since elementary school, and I knew at a young age that storm chasing was something I hoped to one day achieve. In 2013 that dream became a reality! I hope this community gives me the opportunity to build a wealth of knowledge, while forging new friendships in the process! Thanks!
Welcome!

Hello! My name is Caleb Brown and I am from Green Ridge, Missouri. I am currently an undergraduate Atmospheric Science major at the University of Missouri. I've been fascinated with the weather since the March 12, 2006 tornado outbreak directly impacted my community. I have chased a few times with experienced chasers and am excited to continue to further my education to make myself a better forecaster in the future!

Hello all! My name is Kasey and I have been interested in weather basically my whole life.. always the little kid on commercial flights naming cloud types, much to the dismay of napping passengers ;). I got serious about learning more about weather while I was in a pilot training program and took my first meteorology class. Since then, I have expanded my knowledge by taking online courses and getting involved in things like Spotter Network. I made my first storm report during a major hail event in Del Rio, TX a couple months ago. I am graduating with an Aeronautics degree next month but am seriously considering tacking on a meteorology degree. Aviation weather is of particular interest to me. I am also an amateur photographer and would like to use that skill in storm tracking/chasing.

I am looking forward to learning from everyone here!

Hello all! My name is Kasey and I have been interested in weather basically my whole life.. always the little kid on commercial flights naming cloud types, much to the dismay of napping passengers ;). I got serious about learning more about weather while I was in a pilot training program and took my first meteorology class. Since then, I have expanded my knowledge by taking online courses and getting involved in things like Spotter Network. I made my first storm report during a major hail event in Del Rio, TX a couple months ago. I am graduating with an Aeronautics degree next month but am seriously considering tacking on a meteorology degree. Aviation weather is of particular interest to me. I am also an amateur photographer and would like to use that skill in storm tracking/chasing.

I am looking forward to learning from everyone here!
Welcome to StormTrack!

Hi my name is Max. I am 13 years old and am fascinated by weather. I plan to go to Iowa State for Meteorology to become a meteorologist and/or storm chaser. What started my interest in storms was seeing an F4 tornado in Nebraska when I was 8. Instead of being scared I couldn't take my eyes off of it. My dad had t drag me inside. :) I want to learn more about weather so I joined the forum.

Hi my name is Max. I am 13 years old and am fascinated by weather. I plan to go to Iowa State for Meteorology to become a meteorologist and/or storm chaser. What started my interest in storms was seeing an F4 tornado in Nebraska when I was 8. Instead of being scared I couldn't take my eyes off of it. My dad had t drag me inside. :) I want to learn more about weather so I joined the forum.
Welcome to our community Max and Kasey. Let us know if we can help!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Stormtrack mobile app

Hello to everyone! I'm Martina Buiat, from Italy, and I studied Meteorology and Physics of the Atmosphere at the University.
When I was a child I always went outside to see the storms, until I saw a ball lighting: that's when I decided to study Meteorology.
I work as a researcher on lightning and satellite data, and in june I'm going to the Plains for my first chasing!
I'm sure I will learn a lot about chasing from all of you, and I hope to see you in the Plains! :)

Back