New Stormtrack logo contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about making some logos for this contest as well, although I've got some other logo obligations to do first. I've always believed that a logo should be simple, easily recognizeable, and preferrably a vector image with only a couple of colors. That way it can be easily duplicated, scaled, and used on a variety of media. Faded images may appear washed out when printed and will pixelate at larger sizes.

Would it be bad to just have someone vector/enlarge the original logo a bit? I like it; it's not a bad logo at all and it's a great link to the past.

st5.jpg

I really like this one as well

Dick, I think that first shot from the Roll day would make a fantastic logo. Maybe you could make the Stormtrack letters weave between the funnel or have it go through the 'O' or something.

Several of these have potential, there's no doubt about it. I wanted to suggest that someone incorporate one of those cool "fog bow" pictures into the logo somehow. There was a thread about a week or two ago regarding this here: http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17939

That fog rolling into the Badlands in SD that H witnessed a year or so ago was way cool in my opinion and would have potential as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw this thread....ah man...I've got to sketch something up later tonight after class. I think I can come up with something that is a refreshing classic with a modern twist. But first I've got to get to class.

My first submission will likely be a hand sketch..because the photoshop/illustrator version will take a bit.

here is my first take, i know i need to find a actual picture of a tornado to use on the right side, preferably like the one used on the cover of Twister, and i need a picture of a chase vehicle all decked out (antennas, skywarn stickers, etc) for the back ground.

Attachments

• stlogomy first take1.jpg
    stlogomy first take1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back