• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Major winter storm for the Tx panhandle

Jay McCoy

EF5
Looks like the system moving into california is aiming dead at the panhandle for Monday night into tuesday. the NWS has already issued a winter storm watch. It is a bit odd that the watch doesnt match their zone forcasts. The watch calls for 6-8 inches but the zones have up to 12. The gulf is openeing up ahead of this low so plenty of moisture. Maybe Norman can catch some snow finally. The models are really making this out to be the biggest of the year for this area. We will see if they are right for once. I am waiting on the next model run to see if the track changes any.

Yep, after missing several to the NW/N/NE, then a few to the SW/S/SE, old man Winter seems ready to give OUN one last big "#$%k you" by sending the last big snowblast of the season just west of us.

Screw old man Winter, bring on the storms :twisted:

it looks like OUN is going to get some snow. Maybe not a foot like in the panhandle but at least a few inches so dont get out the shorts just yet.

it looks like OUN is going to get some snow. Maybe not a foot like in the panhandle but at least a few inches so dont get out the shorts just yet.

I'll believe it when I see it! This isn't the first time snows been in the forecast this year. And even if it does snow it'll be gone by the next day like always! :p

OUN...Snow.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats the funniest thing I have heard in a long time!

Chris Sokol/KD5ILI
Mobile Weather Concepts
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Back