Denver 2007, whose going, whose not?

I'm not 100% sure, but as of now I am planning to be there. Probably will also do some skiing before or after. It is a great conference and I would recommend it to any of you who have considered going but have not done so yet.

Nope, I would rather use that $$$ to chase on next season. I will have to go to the thing at least once in my lifetime to see what all the whoha is all about. Just not this season.

Mick

I'll be there. Living in the metro area and working 1 exit south of the hotel definitely helps to keep the costs down.
Last year was my first year attending and from the perspective of being new to the chaser community, the thought of going and not knowing anyone, or not knowing what to expect was more than a little daunting. I quickly found that my trepidation was misplaced. It was a valuable experience and I got to meet some great folks. I highly recommend it to anyone new to chasing or considering it.
Happy holidays to everyone! Looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends.

I've always had a great time at the convention. However, this year I'm going to have to choose between the convention and having sufficient financial resources to make trips to the Plains in the spring. For me to make it out to Denver, the cost is well over $800. So, I will probably not be able to make it this year :(

Unfortunately...I won't be attending this year. I am very committed to
saving vacation days and $$$ for the 2007 spring chase season. It would be nice to go one year and see some chasers I have never met or not seen a very long time. Maybe see you out there in Deshler NE or Harper KS this spring ...likely points further south if this flow pattern continues :confused:

I'm happy to say I will definitely be attending this year!
I had to miss last year because my dad had a commitment the weekend of the conference he couldn't get out of. Plus my parents didn't feel comfortable letting me drive up to Denver by myself, as I had only held my driver's license for a month at that time last year. But after hearing about the blackouts, I'm thinking I didn't miss much.
But this year thankfully nothing's going on that weekend, so me and my dad will drive up to Denver the afternoon of the 16th. It's only a two hour drive from Fort Morgan so travel is a non-issue with us. Also my dad is covering all the costs, which allows me to save money for the purchase of some much needed equipment and gas come springtime. This is one of the few times I'm grateful to still be living with my parents...
I look forward to seeing everyone who can make it there! And for those who can't, maybe I'll see ya out on the open prairie this spring.:D

Me and the lady were talking about some fun time while there.. Who is doing the snowmobiles?? How do we get hooked up??

Fred

Yea!!! We get to go, after all. Looking forward to meeting many of you in person. See y'all then.

Kanani and I wont be able to come this year :(. She just moved up to manager at her job so she is having to save up time off for vacation and the convention $$ I saved is now going into a new transmission since I blew mine yesterday.

I will be there with bells on. I went to the chaser party at Tim's house in '01 and the convention last year, and I highly recommend going. It is informative and a good time. I look forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new ones.

Cameron

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to say...

Most likely cannot make it this year. I always loved the convention, and being with so many weather enthusiasts just like me.

The combination of the US economy / lousey IT job market ... Then an accident where a large truck slammed into me and rolled my Focus six times destroying it, leaving me with no vehicle, no way to drive to my new job in IT in NC, which I was supposed to start today (Jan 8). Battling with lawyers and medical bills ... The Denver 2007 SCC is just not going to happen for me this year ;-(

Maybe things will warm up financially for me by chase season, hopefully new job, tax refund, etc ... Oh, I just need to watch those tow-truck drivers who cut across 2 lanes without looking.

Yeah, Doug ... Really could have enjoyed the snowmobiling too.

Good luck to all, and remember to be careful on I-70 too...

I wish I could say that I am going like I did in the past 3 years but I am job-hunting right now and need to save my $$$. So, as of now, I'm a no-go. I've gone for 3 years straight and dread the possibility of not going, but I am leaving the Air Force in March and I don't know yet if I will have a job right away.

Chris...glad you are alright after that accident. I hope only the best to you!

Change of plans...I'm getting a pretty large tax return and with the announcement of the agenda...I'm hooked! Already got my plane ticket and room reserved and I cannot wait!

Thanks to Roger, Tim and David we'll be able to have a big presence for the Storms of 2006 this year at the NSCC. I'll be there with a table (look for the big color banner!) and you'll be able to purchase all three videos for your collection. 2004, 2005 and 2006.

We'll be showing some of the favorite chapters on video night and there will be 4 copies given out as door prizes!

Can't wait, 2 more weeks!
:)

Back