Chase vehicle interior images

Definitely a 2 person operation to use all this

chasetruck2004002.jpg

I have a different radio setup, but the picture shows the console and laptop setup.

The radios shown are: Unitrol TM4 siren, Icom V8000 2m ham, radioshack pro-2096 digital scanner, radioshack pro-2066 analog scanner, Kenwood TK 930.

Current radios have been narrowed down quite a bit, due to me moving and not needing digital reception anymore. Currently I have the same console, minus the siren. The radios are: Uniden Grand LT CB, Icom V8000, Uniden BCT15 scanner, Kenwood TK930

100_1028.jpg

100_1030.jpg

100_1031.jpg

On a side note, aren't any of you guys concerned about theft? What do you do to protect all the electronics you have in your car?

When parked at a hotel, etc- even though it's a pain, I pull everything out I can. Other than that I use comon sense with where I park- under lights, near the door, not in "bad" areas, cover things, nothing in plain view, etc.
Laura

On a side note, aren't any of you guys concerned about theft? What do you do to protect all the electronics you have in your car?

We have tinted windows (which also help with laptop screen glare) and an alarm system on our Xterra. While chasing we don't really venture too far from the truck really...so theres not much to worry about there.

Whenever we are gone form the truck for an extended period of time, like overnight, we take the most valuable items out....laptops, camera, and whatnot.

All my gear is in quick-release mode which means I can have my van cleared out in less than 10 minutes. My HAM radio, scanner, laptop, cameras, etc are all mounted in a fasion that they can be quickly removed when I get out. Makes it nice when I want to get my electronics out quickly and reattach them later. I shove all the gear into plastic storage containers and take them inside with me. Nothing left in the van to steal after that! :)

As one of the main rules for chasing is safety, I'd just like to remind everyone to take air bag deployment into consideration when mounting their equipment. I can't even begin to tell the number of stories I have regarding people, including police and fire officials, injured (some quite seriously) by laptops, cell phones, radios, etc. because they became dislodged by an air bag in an accident.

The laptop and camera come out but otherwise it all is hard mounted. I have one advantage most people dont though. Most criminals try their best to avoid law enforecement or any vehicles that have 911 decals like mine. Red/Blue lights work wonders for security :)

truck006.jpg

As one of the main rules for chasing is safety, I'd just like to remind everyone to take air bag deployment into consideration when mounting their equipment. I can't even begin to tell the number of stories I have regarding people, including police and fire officials, injured (some quite seriously) by laptops, cell phones, radios, etc. because they became dislodged by an air bag in an accident.

I have often worried about this.. I would say though that i could easily become more popular as Mr. Latpop head or cellphone ear ;)

If we ever become one that is.. lol

I disable the passenger bag because of it. Sure you lose the lose of the bag, but I am not so sure that is worst than all that equipment coming at high speed into your being.

Well, while I'm in the vehicle, my Glock 19 has alot to say to someone who attempts to steal anything.

While I'm out of the vehicle, the laptop comes out. Other than that, everything is bolted into the metal console with star bits, which is bolted to the metal track, which is bolted to the floor. If they can get anything out by prying without damaging the equipment, congratulations. If they bring the proper tools to properly remove the equipment, congratulations. It'll probably take them long enough to get it out the correct way that my Glock will sniff them out eventually.

Instead of dialing 911 I just dial .357 and I'm sure that will solve the thievery issue on the spot.:D

I personally dial .40, but I see we are on the same page :D

As for the thread: I have are two radios (VHF Ericsson and Dualband Icom), GPS and a laptop (currently on assignment elsewhere). I don't count cameras and phones as they are all portable and stowed while in motion. I'll post a pic shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just finished the set-up of our chase vehicule.
It's next to nothing compared to other set-ups that I have seen here :eek:

But what we have is the basics
car1.jpg

car1ls2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back