Chase vehicle interior images

Perhaps this has been done before but I didn't see anything immediately pop up when I was searching ST. However, I was wondering what the interior of everybody’s chase vehicle looks like. I think it would be interesting to see all the gadgets that you throw into your car for a chase. Perhaps you have allot of technology at hand or very little. Either way I was hoping people here could post a pic or two of the inside of their vehicle all set up for chasing. I was thinking of throwing my stuff in my car tomorrow and just making sure it all works, I’ll post the pic(s) after.

Mine is pretty much simple. Laptop,ham radio,Digital tv tuner and tv card for laptop. Wifi and also have data card and plan,(the card I got off ebay failed me friday though:mad: )inspeed anemometer w/ data logging,cameras,scanner and hustler mag mount antenna. Thats about all:) (Click To Enlarge)

Attachments

• MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 226
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 250
Finally got a photobucket account. This is the inside of the Dodge pickup we chase in. We also have a dashmount for our camcorder now. The dashmount was being sold at the 2005 chaser convention.

JottoDesk-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
P1000666.jpg

Pretty standard setup. Two Dell Laptops, Weather Radio, Some Davis equipment, Anemometer display, camera mount...

The front laptop runs Mobile Threat Net and the back one runs our GPS, since we always chase with three people it works out nicely. We also have wifi on both computers and two webcams (one forward facing and one rear facing) that feed images into the rear laptop every 3 seconds.

In the back of the truck we have a cooler and first aid kit. On the ceiling we have a switch panel and cell phone holders. We also have a drop down map of Kansas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska that shows all the counties and their names.

That's really about it...although theres probably something I'm missing...

Caleb

I've kept the tech toys to a minimum in the car for chase purposes....

John, I agree. Though my setup certainly won't impress any judges, it allows me plenty of room to operate the laptop, tripod and most importantly have unrestricted access to my camera bags on the floor. I simply remove the passenger seat, bolt on the jotto desk, bring in a 25lb-weighted tripod (never liked window mounts since they block my view too much), and wire up the GPS and WxWorx. I have a permanent scanner inside, but as a whole it's simple enough to set up and has worked great over the last four years. I chase with a Saturn mostly for the great gas mileage, but I would prefer a slightly higher profile vehicle for some of those gravel and dirt roads!
car_int.jpg

Here's my car. This will be the first season I will be chasing with WX WORX, I purchased it at the end of last summer. I also recently got a cord to connect my gps to my computer, so I can track my position and path with some mapping software I have. I also have a usb tv tuner to pick up tv stations. I'm not planning on using that as much because it's a little slow on tuning, and I originally got it for my workspace at home.

car3.jpg

I haven't shown the pile of cords on the passenger side. I'm still trying to figure out how to prevent all the cords from turning into a rats nest.

I posted earlier in another thread, but I'll throw a few pics back in.

1. Chase Vehicle 1 - 2005 Chevy Impala
2. Chase Vehicle 2 - 1999 Chevy Silverado Z-71

The GPS unit also has the XM weather package for doppler radar, etc. I'm in the process of installing an in-car camera system for this chase season. I'm also pricing toughbook laptops (possible acquisition this year) and I have a mobile anemometer (not pictured). The radio equipment is standard ham, two-way (110 watt high power) and scanner equipment. If I ever get married and have kids I'm sure chase vehicle number 2 is history.

I figured I'd throw in a shot from the home station too of me running one of the wx nets last year (I'm usually in the field but this was a rare exception).:)

Attachments

• Picture 003a.jpg
    Picture 003a.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Picture 004a.jpg
    Picture 004a.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Picture 006a.jpg
    Picture 006a.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Picture 008a.jpg
    Picture 008a.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Picture 059a.jpg
    Picture 059a.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 202
Last edited by a moderator:
HAM, laptop, PC card, GPS, GPS PC WAAS enable Sensor, video camera and mount.
Very happy with the set-up. Everything's right within reach.
Now we need a good year!
Laura

Attachments

• interior 1.jpg
    interior 1.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 399
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 346
LOL... thanks but don't be jealous when I fill the tanks (even though I use biodiesel its expensive) or when it's time for the 12k service! YEEEOOW. Bend over time.
I work hard (as everyone else does I'm sure) for the "toys" in life.
Like I said... all the fluff and toys don't do much for Ya if Mother Nature doesn't cooperate!
Drive safe!
Laura

Back