Chase Vacations...when is yours?

May 10 - June 1st. I have to return to Florida for June 2nd for a Hurricane program then I might return to the Plains for a mid June go at it for maybe a week.

Jeff Gammons

Mine starts in about two hours. Always the best day of the year, better than Christmas.

Don't know how long I'll be out, until I run out of money or learn when I have to move per some new job (hopefully).

Every day is potential chase vacation day for me. I day trade stocks for a living from home, live in the KC area, the market closes at 3:00pm and I can always put on orders and leave early if necessary. I have backup locations I can stay with family overnight in Wichita and also Pittsburg, KS if the chase takes me too far afield, but I won't go so far as to have to stay in a hotel overnight.

May 9th till my finances are exhausted. Probably week and a half to two weeks.

Now(since March of 2004) till I run out of ways to pay for rent or gas.

Every day is potential chase vacation day for me. I day trade stocks for a living from home, live in the KC area, the market closes at 3:00pm and I can always put on orders and leave early if necessary. I have backup locations I can stay with family overnight in Wichita and also Pittsburg, KS if the chase takes me too far afield, but I won't go so far as to have to stay in a hotel overnight.

Interesting... I was looking into day trading, but I couldn't even survive paper trading/virtual trading. I would "buy" a stock that looked like it was going up, then it would tank, only to rise after I got out. Way too much stress... :cry:

Right now, I have a few people in my neighborhood who want to buy a "car computer" from me, so I will be making ~$500 on each of those... It would be sweet if I could get something like this rolling, and then advertise or whatever, or have products in Crutchfield magazine. If I could sell 1000 of those things across the nation, that's ~$500K :shock:

Given that, I don't really have a "chase vacation"... I just go when things look really good. I usually don't venture much past IL or IN, but hopefully that can change in the future if I start making more money...

May 18 to June 10ish. Giving myself a 3+ week window this year.

I come out from Boston MA. It's a long way to go for a bust. I start pacing around the house in April. Man I'm already sweating the models... Usual pre-chase butterflies. I'm so ready though. Can't wait.

db

Since I'm currently unemployed, I'm free to chase pretty much every day. On the other hand, since I'm currently unemployed, I can't exactly afford to chase pretty much every day.

So, I'll be sticking with close targets and the best setups. If I can swing it, I might set aside a week in late May or early June to vacation. Thankfully, having an open schedule allows me to pick a week in which the weather appears likely to cooperate.

Of course, if I snag a decent job in the interim and have to pack my bags and move to Washington D.C., or something...well, that's that.

Mine started in March, but it stops on May 14th and starts again on the 15th. I live in Wichita and I am a full time student so I can get out chasing any time. I am graduating in a couple weeks and I am going to use graduation money to fund chasing full time this year. I will probably get a job at the end of August, but until then, I am on vacation.

Back