CHASE CASE #3

Since I'm in Omaha already, Day1--if there are any TOR warnings I'll chase them but I'm not too excited. Day2, I'll hang round the house until at least the 1300Z update.

Lanny and I would head up to ICT, meet up with Jake & Kevin. Then onto Marysville, KS overnight. Waiting to hone in on our target with the next days data.

Since I was virtually messing around in northwest MO "today", I've made my reservations for Topeka, KS, for the night. I think it's going to be a follow-the-moisture situation, with some indication from the 12Z 300Mb chart of a jet max nosing through KS late tomorrow.

I'm going to stay In Brookings. That gives me a 3 hour drive to Fargo or 3 1/2 hour drive to Omaha, so tommorow morning I can still get to wherever I want. Though the deeper moisture is still farther south it should be able to return and create a decent cooridor in eastern South Dakota. I'm leaving myself open to a northern option.

I'll be at home in KC marinading BBQ until further data comes out....

Last edited by a moderator:
Think i will make the 5hr drive to St. Joe, MO. This should leave me with alot of options for tomorrow. Right now leaning towards Beatrice, NE area for a target for tomorrow.

I'm going to leave Chicago tonight and head down 80 and pull off someplace west of Des Moines. It seems like a broad region of the plains could be under the gun tomorrow depending upon where that trough ejects. I'll narrow down my target based on the 12z data in the morning.

I'll stay the night in Sioux City, IA. I need to see a lot more data before I move north or south. Is it possible to get soundings for Sioux Falls, Aberdeen, and Minneapolis?

Will Head out from Southern Mo and make my way to Concorda,ks as my first target.

How do you expect to do that? You and I are eating wings right now in Topeka. Did you slide out the back door and leave me with the bill?? Ha Ha!:eek:

I am going to York NE...trough still pretty far west and feel the biggest part of this
event will be a few clicks west of the Missouri River.

Back