Chase Case #15

Moisture is on the return, temps coming up, and the cloud cover will clear. Sitting in Bucklin, KS for now. Should see dry line light up this evening.:D

Jay
KD5UHF

Ugh...not liking the drying occurring in Pampa. Heading northeast from there to Arnett and then to Seiling, OK.

Cool. . . I am headed to Bird City, Ks. You can't miss me, I am driving a mobile rib crib/martini bar. What do you say Andrea? Wanna meet up in Bird City and go over Data? Lets do this, Lets Dominate the situation. . .Dominate!!

EDIT: By the way, we may have a chance to meet each other this next weekend. Could be a great early season practice run chase, classic dryline set up. Definately west Texas. If it happens Sunday, I will be with Ted Keller from KSFX/KOLR News. I spoke with Dr. Greg Forbes, and he is even positive about the next weekend. . .

Edit: I changed my Avatar pic, just in case I run into any of you all on the road chasing. That way you can attach a face with the name. . . .

Ok for Bird City,Matt! It has got a very good north road option; I've got a very fast farm tractor:p, so it's easy to meet me,guys.

I'm going to move on west a ways. I too have a feeling that the TX/OK panhandle may be more active later today, but the large cloud mass over KS may set up a weak boundary for convection during the late afternoon. This bears watching. I will head west for Oakley, KS and keep an eye out for any conspicuous cloud formations (i.e. dark cone shaped cloud headed for Dickens).

I am camped out in Wellington TX anticipating vigorous development within 30 miles of me along the dryline which should push to the edge of the Caprock escarpment and then hold. Although the LL flow could be stronger, feel the directional shear could be quite good for tornadoes later today. Smell a MDT risk on this one.

After seeing the 18z im heading southwest from Great Bend towards Dodge City then south down hwy 283. I should be able to make it to somewhere west of Woodward, Ok. around 21z.

I've got a very fast farm tractor:p, so it's easy to meet me,guys.
Okay, so Matt's driving a Vette with a mobile barbecue/martini bar, you're driving a tractor, and I've got a garbage truck. Not sure what Verne is driving, and I'm not sure I want to know. I can see that this northwest Kansas chase contingent is a gnarly bunch. :D

I do not like the cloud cover in KS and am disappointed in the moisture return with Dp's only in the upper 40's to low 50's near Great Bend. I will reposition near Woodward, OK and wait on the next model runs. Argh, decisions, decisions, decisions!!!! :(

Well. . .If Verne wants to, he can ride with me in the corvette!

I've got a couple extra seats here to get us to a target!

Hughes500d.jpg

I lost confidence in the moisture return after the last update so I decided to head south and will be in Alva, TX until the next update.

I am going to stick to my guns and hang out in the Great Bend/Pratt area. I may (probably will) bust, but the fat lady hasn't sung quite yet I don't think.....

Back