BEFORE AND AFTER IMAGES

I'd be VERY interested to see the MS coast line, which is covered by clouds in the "after" MODIS image. That was the hardest hit area (along with areas E and SE of N.O.), so it'll be interesting to see how that has changed. Absolutely not undermining the incredible damage that has occurred, but I can't imagine what the extra 20mb and 25+ mph winds would have done to the area.. Remember, the peak intensity was 902mb and 165-175mph winds, while landfall was near 925mb with 145mph winds.

What I was able to make out was the barrier islands of Mississippi are mostly gone along with much of the tongue of Louisiana. Incredible!!

Note that you can modify the address to view an image with higher resolution... Just change the "500m" at the end of the address to "250m" ... As one would suspect, this will give you the image with 250 meter resolution instead of 500m resolution.

Note that you can modify the address to view an image with higher resolution... Just change the "500m" at the end of the address to "250m" ... As one would suspect, this will give you the image with 250 meter resolution instead of 500m resolution.

I cropped and combined the before and after 250 meter images for an easier comparison on my Blog

Pretty amazing and quite disturbing.

Mike U

Back