7/30/04 NOW: Ohio Valley/Eastern USA

Dan Robinson

Wasn't really paying attention to today up until now. I glanced at SPC a few minutes ago and saw the 5 percent tornado risk over Indiana. Looks like this so far hasn't panned out, as there is a big blob of rain over the best shear at the moment. Cells out ahead of the rain shield in KY look disorganized, but with the surface low in the vicinity one or two might get cranking briefly. There have been no WW/MCDs yet for these areas.

I could actually chase today but after getting such a late start I doubt I would make anything in time, except maybe for some lightning. Anyone else watching this or out chasing?

Tornado reported in Indiana.

2325 3 W RUSHVILLE RUSH IN 3961 8550 COUNTY DEPUTY REPORTED A TORNADO ON THE GROUND AT COUNTY ROAD 350 WEST AND STATE ROAD 44. (IND)

I almost chased this system, if you could call it that, today. I am in Cleveland today so I started watching the action around 4 PM. A little bit more lead time and I may have headed out. The storms around 5 PM that split with the right propagating section of the line growing rather severe and heading towards Chilicothe OH S of Columbus, would have probably caught my attention and I would have chased a bust. While the real action brewed to the West

The cells in Indiana have stayed pretty much in place and have been tor warned for quite some time. Two intense cells seem to have caused all the concern. I hate to miss one this close to home.

Cyber chasing the action in Indiana, may go out and catch some lightning in Cleveland tonight.

Just got back in from a chase. We started in Greenwood at 6:30. At the time that first tornadic cell was 20 miles east. I didn't think we could catch it so we headed west to intercept some developing cells moving northwest. Didn't see much action but as we got in the Martinsville area, the Indianapolis office issued a tornado warning for Eastern Brown county, and then northwestern Bartholomew. We hurried north to SR 252/44 and east to Edinburgh and managed to see the backend of the storm as it dissipated in the southern Shelby county area. By then it was 9p.m. and the only way we could see the sky was under illumination of lightning. I think we may have seen what was left of a wall cloud at one point, may have some pics available shortly. Lots of rain, lots of flooding on SR 9, but other than that, we were just out of position this time.

Back