5/26 NOW: Southern Plains eastward though TN/etc

...TORNADO WARNING CONTINUES FOR OSAGE COUNTY UNTIL 945 PM CDT...

AT 904 PM CDT...DOPPLER RADAR AND STORM SPOTTERS WERE TRACKING A
TORNADO 10 WEST OF SKIATOOK...MOVING EAST AT 35 MPH.

Both Osage County cells look much less organized than a few minutes ago. They look to be dying a slow death, while new initiation occurs NE of Arkansas City.

Man, there is a large and dangerous tornado just 7 miles northwest of me right now, but it's almost 11pm, and I can't see squat.

"1029 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR WAS TRACKING A LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO 8 MILES SOUTHWEST OF OSCEOLA...OR ABOUT 19 MILES NORTH OF STOCKTON...AND MOVING EAST AT 30 MPH.

AT 1033 PM...LAW ENFORCEMENT REPORTED SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE FROM THIS TORNADO IN THE TOWN OF ROSCOE."

Southern Missouri Tornado

This is a long track tornado. Same system that hit Prescott Ks earlier in the evening. Passed by my parents house near Rich Hill Mo, about 9:45. It looks as though it might hold together for a while. Lebanon Mo is next in its path. This storm is taking a hard right turn directly at the Town on Lebanon.

Mark

It's technically 5-27 now, but I've been watching another long track tornado. It's spanned Crawford, Neosho, Bourbon county in KS, and crossed over to Vernon, Barton, and now Dade counties in Mo. I'm up late, watching things to make sure I don't have to take cover. I don't know how to save the radar I'm looking at, but you guys should see the hook on this thing! It's huge!

Also, the tornado that hit near Osceola had an amazing hook. It hooked so far that it almost made a complete circle with an eye in the middle. I'm going to drive up that way tomorrow to see what kind of damage happened. I'll probably go down to Lamar, Mo too.

Back