3/11/06 NOW: Upper Midwest to TX/LA

Caleb, I concur with Scott.........that storm in Delaware County coming into McDonald MO is looking better and better. You can't beat "tail end Charlie!!"

Originally posted by Bill Tabor
Cell near Jay in northeastern OK looks suspect.

GR2AE now forecasting hail to 3.33" in that cell... just north of Jay, OK. Storm has a good shape but i'm still not seeing any definite signs of good low level rotation. Its definitely in a prime spot however...

It's looking to me like that supercell just SE of Davenport, IA is anticylonic. Its definitely one of the oddball storms of the day. Still estimating hail of at least 1".

Originally posted by Scott Lincoln+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott Lincoln)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Bill Tabor
Cell near Jay in northeastern OK looks suspect.

GR2AE now forecasting hail to 3.33" in that cell... just north of Jay, OK. Storm has a good shape but i'm still not seeing any definite signs of good low level rotation. Its definitely in a prime spot however...[/b]

I'm thinking the biggest down side for it is it is passing through an area where storms have already passed I believe, so it may ingest some rain cooled air perhaps.

Originally posted by Scott Lincoln
It's looking to me like that supercell just SE of Davenport, IA is anticylonic. Its definitely one of the oddball storms of the day. Still estimating hail of at least 1".

It is an oddball, every hour or so it loses its intensity so as to become non-severe and then sprouts up again.

Originally posted by Alex Lamers+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alex Lamers)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Scott Lincoln

It is an oddball, every hour or so it loses its intensity so as to become non-severe and then sprouts up again.[/b]

That has been a weird cell...I think it's finally getting set to die off, though. Max VIL at the moment is about 30.

Pat

I wasn't really expecting to see that strong of a cell so far north :)

Going to try and intercept the cell coming out of macdonald county, mo.

The mother cell is re-intensifying. Very nice couplet moving towards willow springs MO. Cyclic supercell and moving into better conditions. Would expect to see new MD for SEMO area within hour or so.

Not suprised that they issued a tornado warning on the Greene County cell; about eight minutes ago I was looking at the base reflectivety on the Springfield radar and noticed a strange appendage on the cell, which at that time was in far eastern Lawrence County. Did a loop and zoomed in on it, and sure enough, a small hook was forming. Unfortunately the hook has become more distinguishable as the cell plows towards Springfield. Looks like the hook will pass right over the center of town in about ten to fifteen minutes. I hope they are paying attention down there as this cell could easily produce a tornado, and if it does it will likely drop right on top of Springfield.
Bart: Watch yourself and the skies, this could get ugly.

Back