3/11/06 NOW: Upper Midwest to TX/LA

Bill, I believe you are looking at what Jeff mentioned - I believe the TBSS/Hail spike is to the SSE however, not SSW =) [as of approximately 23Z, it has lost some intensity over the past few scans].

Very impressive storm.

Originally posted by Bill Tabor+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Tabor)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-HAltschule
Branson and Forsyth now have confirmed damage with what looks to be the mother supercell of the day. Tornado warning is in effect for the same storm. This isolated storm is by itself and should be a sweet one to chase if anyone is out there. I just am not sure of the terrain in that area.

Whoa baby! That's the one with the TVS and hail spike. The combo could be big damage in area.[/b]

I was saying that cell looked unfriendly about an hour ago. Looks like I had a good call.

It appears the storm near Branson has cycled with radar again showing 65-70 dbz core values and a strong couplet as well as a fairly large hook. Wouldn't be suprised to hear a tornado report out of this thing sometime in the near future.

Originally posted by Nick Bender
Bill, I believe you are looking at what Jeff mentioned - I believe the TBSS/Hail spike is to the SSE however, not SSW =) [as of approximately 23Z, it has lost some intensity over the past few scans].

Very impressive storm.

Sorry man, I meant to say SSE.

The mother S-Cell looks to be slightly less organized on radar. Clearly, it is still a beast. See below.

Heres the latest on the Branson/Forsyth Storm:

TANEY COUNTY STORM SPOTTERS OBSERVED A LARGE WALL CLOUD NEAR THE CITY OF TANEYVILLE AT 550 PM.

Jeff, this northern most storm appears to really getting in touch with the warm front in the past 30 min. I've noticed an increase in intensity and rotation. I am going to head out in the next hour towards Princeton, IL.

The S. MO supercell looks like it just produced a nice blob... also associated with an increase in radial shear at the sfc. Hard to tell what classification (from my research) is based off my research due to the level III data, but it appears to be associated with an anticyclonic couplet aloft or inbeween that and the cyclonic circulation. These tend to be less likely to preceed tornadogenesis although the jury is still out.

Aaron

Storm in eastern Mayes Co. OK looks like it is getting its act together as it moves toward field of enhanced helicity. Although TVS signature w/ 62 k/s dropped off on last scan - shape looks nice at it s/b isolated enough to be getting some great inflow.

I am now seeing what looks to be a wall cloud in the distance on the storm to the ne of neosho, mo. Currently sitting I-44 and hwy-97.

Originally posted by Caleb Witt-Schulte
I am now seeing what looks to be a wall cloud in the distance on the storm to the ne of neosho, mo. Currently sitting I-44 and hwy-97.

I think your best bet is the storm south of Neosho.... its still got a shot at the best inflow.

The southern AR supercell does look pretty nice. The latest tilt4 reflectivity image showed a nice bounded weak echo region (BWER) associated with the updraft. Evidence of the RFD may be seen as a region of radial divergence very near or in the hook echo region. I'm a fan of tail-end charlies, with hearty and undisrupted inflow.

More cells developing from south of Tulsa into sw MO. Tulsa NWSFO indicated that they thought the earlier storms were elevated.

Old Branson cell starting to move into an area of higher potential per SPC Mesoanalysis with LI's -6 to -8, Sig Tor 1, EHI 2, low cinh, supercell comp 4 to 6, sig hail 2 to 3, sig svr 4 to 6, lowered lcl/lfc - this should support long lived I'd think and strong torns.

Back