• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

2024-04-15 EVENT: NE/KS/OK

Congratulations to everyone who made the decision to stay put today.

My chase partner coined the phrase “Reverse Chasing” - when you decide not to chase, and then nervously watch things unfold, hoping nothing happens so that the decision is validated and you didn’t miss anything. I would call yesterday a successful Reverse Chase! 🤣

There was a tornado with some level of damage just southeast of TOP at 6:30 this morning..

BTW: I want to apologize for my lousy forecast of the last few days. Congrats to those who were properly skeptical.

There was a tornado with some level of damage just southeast of TOP at 6:30 this morning..

BTW: I want to apologize for my lousy forecast of the last few days. Congrats to those who were properly skeptical.
I've also seen a picture of what appears to be tornado damage near Eisenhower State Park in Osage County. There was a pretty tight couplet in the area and something took the roof off. It was cycling when the storm passed just west of my house.

Nws confirmed 2 EF-1 tornadoes occurred in Osage County. Ef-1 and ef-2 in Greenwood County. I can't remember the last time we had surface based supercells at 0400 in the morning or tornadoes at 0400-0600. Quite an interesting event.

Last edited:
Back