2005 National Storm Chaser Convention

Thanks David, for checking into that. What will they cost?

I didn't mention any different cost, so I would imagine the same, $10. I am guessing there will probably only be a limited number of extras available, so you might tell Bill to get checked in at the registration desk early to make sure he gets one. :wink:

I didn't mention any different cost, so I would imagine the same, $10. I am guessing there will probably only be a limited number of extras available, so you might tell Bill to get checked in at the registration desk early to make sure he gets one. :wink:

Thanks David! 8)

looking forward to this

This will be my first conference. I can never get the time off to attend. But with a few trades, which puts me at working 14 straight days, I have managed a few days off to get out there. I am looking forward to meeting all of you.

David... Do we have a rough estimate of how many will be there this year from folks registered already? Just wondering.

T- 12 Days and counting... Woohoo :wink:

Originally posted by Jay McCoy
David... Do we have a rough estimate of how many will be there this year from folks registered already? Just wondering.

T- 12 Days and counting... Woohoo :wink:

I don't know the exact figure, but last time I checked it was over 100 a couple weeks ago. They haven't started promoting it on the local Denver station yet either, and quite a few will register at the door. Wouldn't surprise me to see close to 200 this year! 8)

Just wanted to mention again that I have reserved a non-smoking room with two double(or queen, can't remember) beds if anyone is interested in saving some money.

I don't snore either.

So if you're broke like me and don't mind sharing a room, send me a message or email.

Breakdown:
$80 per night ~ $160 total; Your savings = $80 plus any amenities you use (phone, movie rentals, etc)

T-1 week guys, WOHOO!!

With less than a week to go before Denver becomes the National Storm Chasing hub for the weekend, I thought I'd be the first to welcome those making the journey to the Mile High City. Forecasts for the end of the week look winter-like... but not massive amounts of snow. Rain and snow mix, temps warm enough to keep it from snowing, but cold enough to make it that a flurry or two may fall. This, still being several days out, will change a bit, but a heads up to those to dress warm. BTW, today it was 60 and beautiful... I wouldn't bet on that this weekend.

Also, a personal disclaimer. My chase vehicle will be in less than showing form. Perhaps a car wash will grace it prior to the meeting, but I haven't had a chance to reinstall most of my equipment since my car theft, so the interior will be a bit naked as opposed to the half-dozen antennas which may indicate otherwise. Also, my growingly infamous "WX NERD" plates may also be absent this weekend. The DMV was swapping them out as they were damaged in an accident last year. It's been 3 months, so you'd think they would've had them finished by now. I would like to think that they'll be ready and shiney before I make my way down Saturday morning, but I'm not sure that'll be the case. We'll see!

Anywoo, I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend. If anyone wants some good, cheap, hole-in-the-wall Mexican, drop me a line and we'll caravan out to west Denver to a little hole-in-the-wall place that has some of the best cheapo Mexican food I've have ever had! Don't look for the greatest service, but you'll definately leave happily full!

See everyone in a few days!

-Tony

I'll be flying in from Austin. If anyone wants any airline peanuts around 3 pm Friday in the Oklahoma Panhandle let me know and I'll toss some out the window.

Tim

Just a reminder that mail in registrations HAD to be received by Roger today. If you were going to do a mail in and haven't sent it off yet, you will now need to either register on the website and pay by PayPal, or register at the convention itself. Online registrations are still being taken at $79 + $10 for the T-shirt +$45 if you want to take Tim's Forecasting class. If you wait until you get to the door to register it's $89 + $10 for a shirt, and shirts then are first come - first serve as there will be a limited number of extra T-shirts available.

The deadline has also passed for sending in video for video night on Saturday. Roger tells me he received a LOT of video, so be prepared to stay up late! :D

Can you pay for Tims class at the door or does it have to be over the net by today??

I need to know because I am having Kanani take his class.

Good question Jay, that hasn't come up yet.

I don't see any reason you couldn't unless Tim V. has any objections to that. Not sure how much advance notice he needs preparing for X number of people. Maybe he can chime in here and say for sure.

At this point, unless Tim V. says otherwise, I would say yes, as I haven't been told otherwise either.

Back