2005 National Storm Chaser Convention

Here we go folks, things are rolling to bring you the next edition of the National Storm Chaser Convention. Roger Hill has assembled a tremendous lineup of speakers for the convention in 2005 once again to rival the lineup we had last year. Tim Vasquez will once again be holding his famous forecasting class as well! Video night is looking VERY promising and there is even going to be a video contest!

You can get all the info on the convention website right here:
http://chaserconvention.com

Highly recommended. David Drummond, Tim Samaras, and Roger Hill are truly the gurus of weather conferences and put on a great show in 2003 and 2004. Looking forward to another great time up there.

Tim

P.S. Avoid the Wendy's near the hotel! I got food poisoning there Sunday evening last year. Since it was the only thing I had all day, there's no question where it came from.

Mentioning food near the convention, last year we ate lunch on Saturday at a little tex-mex type place just across the street from the hotel and it was great!

BTW, if you can do it at all, stay in the hotel there....that place is really nice and absolutely HUGE with an indoor waterfall, indoor pool, hottub and you never have to leave the hotel unless you just want to!

Unfortunately not Chris, unless you count the fact that your local and won't have to spring for a room like most people. :wink:

I was wondering if there is any way we can coordinate room-sharing to save on costs at the hotel. Is this an ok place to post to look for a roommate?

If so, I'm interested in going and seeing if there is anyone that would be willing to share a room with me to cut down on costs? I be a poor student teacher next semester...

EDIT: I've reserved a room with two double beds - let me know if you're interested. Please no women (my fiance would kill me). We would just split the cost for the room.

I am planning a message board for the convention site, but I might not have it up for a week or two. I am sure this thread will suffice if Tim doesn't mind.

Already got a room reserved for Kanani and Myself. If you reserve now the prices are cheaper than waiting until the last minute (if any rooms are left by then) and you can get any type of room for the same price (king, queen, 2 doubles etc..)

National Storm Chaser Convention

My girlfriend and I will definitely be going!! This will be our first time attending this event so I am very excited!!

Gayla is getting pretty good at building them websites....

I would like to go.. Im hoping the planets will align...

Now that I've found the correct thread, I can correctly channel my enthusiasm that I'm able to attend. I can't wait to meet everyone there.

For those that have been before... is there anything in particular I should bring?

Back