2005 National Storm Chaser Convention

Well, my grandpa and I are going. We got a room at the hotel and are buying our plane tickets pretty soon :D I can't wait to meet and see people at the convention. I'd like to have a few DVDs made by then so I can sell them. Contents of my chase DVD
July 14, 2000 Hailstorm at home.
April 2001 Hailstorm at home.
May 7, 2002 SW KS tornado
May 4, 2003 Cherokee CTY, KS F3 Wedge
May 9, 2003 Wall clouds SW of OKC
June 11, 2004 Iowa Tornados
June 12, 2004 KS Tornados
June 13, 2004 NE Tornados
9 tornados in all. I'll update everyone on if I get a few DVDs made.

As I understand, the block of rooms that were reserved for the convention at the Holiday Inn where the convention is being held are to be released to the general public on January 18th. So if you intend to stay at the same hotel as the convention, and want to be guaranteed getting a room, you might want to make your reservations by then.

Another airline fare war is on, I have been hearing. Interestingly, my flight to Denver came in as $40 less than the same flight/same airline as last year. I'm looking forward to hearing this year's awesome presentations, and every one of them is excellent.

My car which has not had any major problems in 4 years died a few days ago so now I have to buy a new chase vehicle and won't be able to attend the National Storm Chaser Convention :(

After you register for the convention are you supposed to get a confirmation e-mail from Roger Hill? I got a receipt from paypal saying that I paid. However, I never got a confirmation e-mail from Roger Hill. (I registered in late Dec.) That would be really bad if I got to Denver and found out that I was not even registered. :shock: Thanks.

After you register for the convention are you supposed to get a confirmation e-mail from Roger Hill? I got a receipt from paypal saying that I paid. However, I never got a confirmation e-mail from Roger Hill. (I registered in late Dec.) That would be really bad if I got to Denver and found out that I was not even registered. :shock: Thanks.

I think Roger is out of town at the moment, but you should be able to email him and confirm that you are registered. He has the list is the reason I can't tell you. I am sure everything is fine, I know he was keeping a list of the registrants in a database. You won't be turned away if you paid certainly.

AFAIK there has never been a situation in the past where anyone registered and was forgotten. :wink:

I checked with Roger and your definitely in Charles! :wink:

I checked with Roger and your definitely in Charles! :wink:

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but I am in it as well. I never got the confirmation email and I did sign up in mid december (got paypal notification). Hate to clog the thread up with this...if you have a better alternative, let me know.

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but I am in it as well. I never got the confirmation email and I did sign up in mid december (got paypal notification). Hate to clog the thread up with this...if you have a better alternative, let me know.

No worries. 8) I checked with him and your in! :wink:

Just a general question but are credit cards excepted to pay for the registration fee, or is it cash or money orders only?

Just a general question but are credit cards excepted to pay for the registration fee, or is it cash or money orders only?

You can use Credit Cards through PayPal. Last year we had a timing problem with people that didn't already have a PayPal account and having to create one. If I understand right, PayPal has changed and you can now use it to pay someone with a PayPal account without having to have one of your own. Maybe some else can confirm/deny that.

We don't have capabilities for credit cards independantly for the convention this year, although it has been discussed and it MAY be an option for next year. Other than that, you can send in a check/MO, there is a printable reg form on the site you can send it in with. I wouldn't recommend sending cash unless your paying at the door.

On that note, last year we were limited by the hotel on head count and as a result we were only able to accept a limited number of registrations at the door. That is not the case this year and there is no limit on the number allowed to register at the door, however the fee to register at the door is $89 and I don't think you will be able to get a tshirt unless you pre-register (I am checking on that now) since they have to be made in advance of the convention. If at all possible, it is most certainly better to register in advance.

You can use Credit Cards through PayPal. Last year we had a timing problem with people that didn't already have a PayPal account and having to create one. If I understand right, PayPal has changed and you can now use it to pay someone with a PayPal account without having to have one of your own. Maybe some else can confirm/deny that.

We don't have capabilities for credit cards independantly for the convention this year, although it has been discussed and it MAY be an option for next year. Other than that, you can send in a check/MO, there is a printable reg form on the site you can send it in with. I wouldn't recommend sending cash unless your paying at the door.

On that note, last year we were limited by the hotel on head count and as a result we were only able to accept a limited number of registrations at the door. That is not the case this year and there is no limit on the number allowed to register at the door, however the fee to register at the door is $89 and I don't think you will be able to get a tshirt unless you pre-register (I am checking on that now) since they have to be made in advance of the convention. If at all possible, it is most certainly better to register in advance.

Hey David, Since more than likely I won't be going but Bill will, is there a way that I can get a t-shirt as well for an additional cost maybe....or will it be for those who 'show up' only?

Hey David, Since more than likely I won't be going but Bill will, is there a way that I can get a t-shirt as well for an additional cost maybe....or will it be for those who 'show up' only?

I would say there probably wouldn't be a problem with that, but I need to run it by Roger first. Probably would just be the additional $10 for the shirt. I will check and get back on this.

Back