2/28/07 NOW: OK / KS

So far we are only getting in reports of Nickle sized hail in Van Buren and Quarter sized in Alma. NO reports of touchdowns how ever she is still spinning a bit and the NWS has put a TOR War over franklin co., Ar.

Ther has been a lowering reported near Ruben and I-40.

Widespread power outages are being reported in Ft. Smith/ Van Buren, however it does not at this time apear to be a result of tornadic damage as there was a good chance for some straightline winds with the cell as it moved threw the city.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a possibility of a tornado being reported on the ground as it passes over and to the north of Mulbery Ar, heading towards and north of ozark and i-40. This is from the nws, but we have not heard about it yet over the spotter network. We got the report from the NWS weather wire.

I count 14 tornado warnings (either actual or they're thinking about it) and 10 severe T-storm warnings on the SPC's 5-minute map, these all in SW Missouri and NW Arkansas. It's about doubled in the last hour.

I was just rudely awaken by a Tor warning here in Springfield, MO. I had stayed up til around 2 but had to go to bed because of my classes this morning. Anyway there were reports of a wall cloud on the local radio station 94.7. Didn't see much here right in the middle of the city. A little hail and gusty winds for a minute or two.

time for bed again :yawn:

PS potential dangerous situation in laclede county at bennett springs. Thats a popular trout fishing area and today is opening day. Hundreds of fisherman are out there now, hopefully they get the warning

Back