07/25/05 TALK: NORTHERN PLAINS/GREAT LAKES

Now, see, the only thing I have to think is that there will be no storms in MI and things will pop :lol:

Yeah, some nice storms popping near the IN/MI border, with SVRs across 3 southeast MI counties. Instability isn't too bad, let's hope things will still stay strong as they reach the Detroit area.

I think those storms are rooted right on the warm front - as you can see a well defined boundary those storms are connected too (well, at least on L2 data).

LOL I didn't even notice that until you mentioned, but, yeah...

I just really want some strong winds / lightning tonight... It has been over a month since I even seen a flash of lightning. I went from wedge tornadoes, to wedge shaped clouds in a matter of just weeks LOL

The latest warning statement from the storm in jackson county has winds up to 80mph poss.

The storms should, and i stress should because we all know what michigan does to storms :lol: , Continue to get stronger with the LLJ becoming stronger and veering more. I would hope the SPC puts up a watch for the Southern half of the lower Penn. with storms producing 80mph winds.

I drove to Tornado tonight with a spotlight and covered the entire town and surrounding area. The report is not specific as to the exact location of the damage, so I just had to drive around looking for it. Tornado (the town) is small, so that was not a large task. I was able to locate 3 or 4 downed trees, but each about a mile apart from the other. The fallen trees did not have any surrounding damage that I could see. There was no other apparent damage to anything else in the area and no telltale leaf/twig/branch debris on the roads or grass that you would normally expect to see with any major wind event. Unless the reported damage was well off of the available roads on private property or in dense woods, I could not find anything suggestive of a tornado in Tornado.

I'll make another trip in the morning to do a daylight survey.

Two confirmed deaths in West Virginia directly related to high thunderstorm winds, including a tree limb falling on a man in Charleston.

http://wvgazette.com

Also, the LSR of the Tornado tornado report has been removed from the online records. It was fun while it lasted.

Back