Sunset Times: In and or near the Tornado Watch

08:22 PM CDT -Des Moines IA
08:31 PM CDT -Omaha NE
08:33 PM CDT -Lincoln NE
08:35 PM CDT -Sioux City BE
08:38 PM CDT -Norfolk NE
08:39 PM CDT -Grand Island NE

Mike

Satellite shows the most intense convection in the far southwest corner of the tornado watch box in Nebraska. That is also the only place showing any returns on radar.

One cell seems to be exploding near Beaver City, NE. This could be the start of a few supercells. I would head towards Grand Island, cell could be there around 7PM. CAPE is near 2500 where the cell is forming and EHI is near 5 just to the northeast in the watch box.

Yep

Agreed, according to visible satellite, definately looks like initiation is underway. Now is the time to start getting all the info you can and heading toward the exploding towers to get in position to move to intercept mode.

echoes

INITIATION CONFIRMED

First echoes now rapidly developing according to OAX radar...

1. Just west of Grand Island now at 35-40 dBz
2. East of I 29 and North of I-80 between Omaha NE and Denison IA

New Cell has blown up in NW Hall CO, NE. SRH near 350 where this cell is forming and SRH are aproaching 600 about 50 mile NE of this cell. Cell has gone from 0 DBZ to 45 DBZ in 15 minutes.

Tornado warnings...Howard and Buffalo counties in Nebraska.

Edit: The warned cell is just on the corners of Howard and Buffalo counties. Your wx radios are probably saying moving N at 15mph, the actual past is just east of north.

tw

Developing tornado expected to be near Boelus at 7:05. Farwell at 7:40 and Elba at 7:45 according to storm motion of the most dangerous part of the storm...

This storm has intensified from nothing to a tornado-warned storm in 30 minutes, this is definately the storm to be on.

For our folks who were in Columbus, NE, I would head south down US 30 and then pick up SR 92 west towards St. Paul. The supercell will cross over St. Paul in about 45 minutes. About ten miles east of ST. Paul should be a good view of the storm from the southeast.

Back