Wich song could be the best to do the hymn for stormchasing?

music and chasing

Hi,

Andrea, How are you? What's new in Italy?
About the chasing and the music - my choise is:
Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water (with London Symphony)

IT ROCKS!

Angel

Re: music and chasing

Hi,

Andrea, How are you? What's new in Italy?
About the chasing and the music - my choise is:
Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water (with London Symphony)

IT ROCKS!

Angel

Hi Angel!
Here everything is ok; it's so cold in all Italy: low at -5 !
We did catch a good tornado in sicily, in the same place of the large tornado of the last year.

Smoke on the water...That is an incredible song: it'll remain forever; I've gone at the Italian tour at Milano: great Ian Gillan! :wink:

Ehy men there's another song I was forgetting: it is called "they call me the breeze". It is an hard blues magic when driving for many kilometers. Anyone knows Lynard Skynard? :wink:

Originally posted by Chris Sokol
I would have to vote for Where the Streets Have No Name by U2. Anybody who has seen Dave Lewisons older chase highlight tapes knows how well this song fits.

Ah, beat me to it. Our highlight DVD from last year ends with this song. That was my only demand of Mike Kruze, who did a PHENOMENAL job putting it together.

Mike ended with a collection of still photos from our group's time chasing together in college. In this part, there is another stealth selection which I enjoy immensely: the first track from the score of "The Perfect Storm," which I believe is called "Coming Home from the Sea."

A neat thing he did, is all through the last section, while "Streets" is playing, whenever "I go there with you" is sung, a group picture from one of our chases is displayed. Gives me chills just thinking about it. :D

"Call Me The Breeze" as recorded by Lynyrd Skynyrd is a J.J. Cale song--

For blues, Lightnin' Hopkin's "Back Water Blues (Mean Old Twister)" is hard to beat.

Stretching things a bit would be Frank Zappa's "G-Spot Tornado"...

Best Bust Song: "Walking On Sunshine"?

Dave Gallaher
Huntsville, AL

LOL Bob Yer right my bad hehe! Yes Danger zone dont sound bad but I forgot one. Hans Zimmer's Orchastrael tune deep blue sea from Crimson Tide movie. It was one heading out to sea. Also Nightwish done it, very cool for chasing.

I don't know if anybody has heard of the band, Dream Theater, but a few years back, they teamed up with the bassist from Pink Floyd and formed The Liquid Tension Experiment(LTE). They made two fantastic instrumental progressive rock albums. I would say most of the tracks on those CD's would make fantastic chase music. My picks:

On LTE1: Paradigm Shift (sounds very stormy)

Three Minute Warning parts 1-5 (very chaotic sounding 30 minute jam session by the band)

On LTE2: Another Demension (also stormy sounding, except for one part)

When the Water breaks (16 minutes long, constantly changing moods)

That is just some excellent music for those generally on the road as well as nader-huntin.

Originally posted by David Draun
I don't know if anybody has heard of the band, Dream Theater, but a few years back, they teamed up with the bassist from Pink Floyd and formed The Liquid Tension Experiment.

I think you meant Tony Levin from King Crimson. Neither Roger Waters or replacement Floyd bassist, Guy Pratt, were involved.

Regards,

Mike

Dream Theatre bassist John Myung teams with King's X guitarist Ty Tabor for Platypus (1999-2000) and now The Jelly Jam, along with Rod Morganstein (former Winger drummer).

King's X will in OKc at Bricktown live Dec 12 - I urge anyone who loves heavy rock music with intelligence to attend. Tickets are $12.75 in advance, available at Homeland stores.

My wife turned me on to late Christian contemporary singer Rich Mullins a few years back when we were dating, and these lyrics of "Calling Out Your Name" always make me think of roaming the Plains on my last chase:

Well the moon moved past Nebraska
And spilled laughter on them cold Dakota Hills
And angels danced on Jacob's stairs
Yeah, they danced on Jacob's stairs
There is this silence in the Badlands
And over Kansas the whole universe was stilled
By the whisper of a prayer
The whisper of a prayer

And the single hawk bursts into flight
And in the east the whole horizon is in flames
I feel thunder in the sky
I see the sky about to rain

And I hear the prairies calling out Your name

Good question. Pink Floyd. ANYTHING by Pink Floyd. "Wish you were Here", "Animal" etc. ....awesome!! The entire CD collection could, and IS a part of any chase. On the ones mentioned thus far, "Where the streets have no name" gets my vote, but I also love "Wheel in the Sky". But go get a Pink Floyd CD, if you don't already have one, crank it up, and take off. AWESOME.

Back