The Complete Guide to Storm Chasing - storm chasing guide for new (or newer) chasers

• Thread starter Jeremy Den Hartog
  • Start date

Jeremy Den Hartog

Have You Ever Wanted to be a Storm Chaser? Do You Chase Storms Already but Want to Learn More?

cover2.jpg

In my storm chasing guide, which is ideal for new (or newer) storm chasers, you will learn the following:

• Forecasting basics
  • Which forecast models to use
  • How to read radar and use it effectively
  • The 'unwritten rules' to storm chasing
  • Effective storm chasing techniques and how to improve success rates
  • FREE UPDATES! I will be adding to this guide (and correcting mistakes if there are any) from time to time to try to make this guide as useful as possible

...and more!!

Testimonials:

“Already read it….Definitely worth the money… Spot on…Love it” – Brett M.

“Excellent guide, especially for newer chasers” – James L.

Well i have read through it and i really like how simple everything is to understand and how much info is there. There is a TON of information and alot of good links provided so the student isn't left guessing where to get the particular information discussed. Very thorough. I sat back and have tried to come up with some stuff he might have left out but i really couldn't think of anything. It even goes into chaser ethics and it's not sugarcoated. Straight to the point. Pretty basic forcasting info. but enough to actually get the person on the road and finding a target. Too much more and i think most beginners would give up from overload. I emailed Jeremy on some very minor stuff to be corrected and he's on it. Mostly to do with Spotternet reporting guidelines that changed not to long ago and the person would know the correct information anyway after taking the test. I have to admit i wasn't too thrilled when i found out there wasn't a hard copy but i think this is actually best now since he provides all kinds of useful links. I haven't read other how to's but i would imagine they might have more photo's but there is definately enough here showing examples to get the point across as to what is being said. So all in all i would definately give this a thumbs up. Im actually going to have to go back and look at all the links provided (again there was a TON) and see what im missing for myself or can add to my arsenal. Thanks a bunch sir. Should give me plenty to do for awhile while having withdrawals. - James H

Read the first chapter of the guide and see whats in the guide by clicking here

INSTANT DOWNLOAD (.pdf) For Only:

$15

Click here for more information and to order!

I have also launched a affiliate program for my storm chasing guide. Get 50% for each sale you generate using your affiliate code! Also, weekly PayPal payments! Click the link to check it out and to sign up - http://www.majorleaguestorms.com/storm-chasing-guide/affiliate-program/

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any hard copies going to be made? I will do a review (don't need it free) if there is going to be a print version, since that is what I have reviewed and posted about in the past. It's been awhile since I've done some reviews (holding out for DVD season).

Unfortunately no hard copies being made at this point- just digital. If you still want to check it out Jason I would appreciate it (I can PM a copy to you).

James, I will pm a copy to you today once I'm able to access my pc (using my phone to reply)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be interested! I would love to see how it compares to Tim's guide

I guess I'll see if Jason wants to do a review. I'd prefer to have at least one review from a member that has been here longer then me :). As far as Tim's guides I can assure you his guide will be superior. My guide is more for basic stuff to help people get started or for people who have chased but want to improve (if they are newer or are SPC chasers, etc). I tried to keep it simple and explain things is straight forward as I could.

Thanks James, look forward to the review. I forgot to add to my initial post a sample chapter as well as table of contents for the guide. You can see both by clicking here.

I would be interested! I would love to see how it compares to Tim's guide

I don't think I would compare the two. Everyone's experiences, knowledge and opinions will vary so having multiple "how to chase" guides is nothing but a good thing. The more reading material new chasers can get their hands on the better. Seems like this is solid guide that covers the basics of what new chasers need to know, guides like these weren't avaliable back when I first began chasing in the 90's. Hope it does well!

Thanks Joey - I appreciate it. I hope. People find it useful.

Thanks guys - I'm glad I can help out. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm no expert but can hopefully point you in the right direction :)

Well i have read through it and i really like how simple everything is to understand and how much info is there. There is a TON of information and alot of good links provided so the student isn't left guessing where to get the particular information discussed. Very thorough. I sat back and have tried to come up with some stuff he might have left out but i really couldn't think of anything. It even goes into chaser ethics and it's not sugarcoated. Straight to the point. Pretty basic forcasting info. but enough to actually get the person on the road and finding a target. Too much more and i think most beginners would give up from overload. I emailed Jeremy on some very minor stuff to be corrected and he's on it. Mostly to do with Spotternet reporting guidelines that changed not to long ago and the person would know the correct information anyway after taking the test. I have to admit i wasn't too thrilled when i found out there wasn't a hard copy but i think this is actually best now since he provides all kinds of useful links. I haven't read other how to's but i would imagine they might have more photo's but there is definately enough here showing examples to get the point across as to what is being said. So all in all i would definately give this a thumbs up. Im actually going to have to go back and look at all the links provided (again there was a TON) and see what im missing for myself or can add to my arsenal. Thanks a bunch sir. Should give me plenty to do for awhile while having withdrawals.

Well i have read through it and i really like how simple everything is to understand and how much info is there. There is a TON of information and alot of good links provided so the student isn't left guessing where to get the particular information discussed. Very thorough. I sat back and have tried to come up with some stuff he might have left out but i really couldn't think of anything. It even goes into chaser ethics and it's not sugarcoated. Straight to the point. Pretty basic forcasting info. but enough to actually get the person on the road and finding a target. Too much more and i think most beginners would give up from overload. I emailed Jeremy on some very minor stuff to be corrected and he's on it. Mostly to do with Spotternet reporting guidelines that changed not to long ago and the person would know the correct information anyway after taking the test. I have to admit i wasn't too thrilled when i found out there wasn't a hard copy but i think this is actually best now since he provides all kinds of useful links. I haven't read other how to's but i would imagine they might have more photo's but there is definately enough here showing examples to get the point across as to what is being said. So all in all i would definately give this a thumbs up. Im actually going to have to go back and look at all the links provided (again there was a TON) and see what im missing for myself or can add to my arsenal. Thanks a bunch sir. Should give me plenty to do for awhile while having withdrawals.

Thanks James! Glad you found the guide useful and appreciate you taking the time to review it :)

Updated my initial post to include info/link to the affiliate program I just launched for my storm chasing guide. Sign up now and start earning money!

Hey Jeremy,

I've read a portion of your guide and would be willing to do some proofreading for you to correct any spelling or grammatical errors. I used to write business cases in the corporate world and was one of the better writers out of 25 employees in the division at the time, so I'd be willing to offer my services to you if you're interested. Thus far what I've read is excellent and I only noticed a couple of things that need to be refined. Good work and thanks for your contribution to the hobby of storm chasing we all care so much about.

Thanks,
Mark

Hey Jeremy,

I've read a portion of your guide and would be willing to do some proofreading for you to correct any spelling or grammatical errors. I used to write business cases in the corporate world and was one of the better writers out of 25 employees in the division at the time, so I'd be willing to offer my services to you if you're interested. Thus far what I've read is excellent and I only noticed a couple of things that need to be refined. Good work and thanks for your contribution to the hobby of storm chasing we all care so much about.

Thanks,
Mark

Hey Mark, that would be excellent (and thank you for the kind words)! I am definitely interested as I want to make this guide as good/useful as possible. I will send you a PM so we can work out details :)

Does this guide cover storm forecasting things such as shear, instabilities, ect.?

Does this guide cover storm forecasting things such as shear, instabilities, ect.?

Yep (the basics - it doesn't go way in depth)...shear, CAPE, CINH, etc, etc. It has one 'case study' where I go over some of the things to look for. In the coming months I plan to add more...

Just a heads up - today and tomorrow are the last days to use the current discount code for my storm chasing guide. I will be adding content to this guide in the coming months at which time the price may actually increase. Take advantage of this great deal now before its to late! http://www.majorleaguestorms.com/storm-chasing-guide/

Updated my guide to version 1.1.

Here is what is included in the update (thanks to Mark Blue for the help):

• Corrected typos and misc. errors.
• Made the guide easier to read with some corrections and additional links along with different/more professional looking formatting.
• Revamped the info about building/using a camera dome in chapter 2. Removed the link to the plans for building a camera dome as that link was now broken.
• Added additional info and a couple of links to the GPS section of Chapter 2.
• Added Radar Alive! as a radar software alternative in Chapter 2.
• Added a link to Convective Addiction in the Ham Radio section of Chapter 2.
• Added info about using tablets for chasing.
• Added an ‘example’ section at the end of the guide so I can add some sample maps of recent tornado outbreaks.
• Added a June 17, 2010 section to the example section at the end of the guide.

Just bought my copy. This sounds perfect for me transitioning from years of spotting to chasing. So far this looks like a great place for me to start and get the feel of forecasting. Thanks for putting this together Jeremy!

Hey Matt, thank you for your purchase - hopefully you find the guide useful!

Back