Vehicle Hail Protection essay

Status
Not open for further replies.
bad 2005 ?

Sounds like someone else had a frustrating 2005 spring season also... Or a recent grad from The University of Mine Kampf.

Hey RJ... any relation to Nelly Olson from Little house on the Prairie?

I do share some of his disgust for show-boating, however for my selfish reasons only. The more show-boating = the more attention = the more storm chasers. It would be nice to take a great pic of a storm and not see 30 more just like it! Each year i'm shocked at the increasing #ers of chasers. Imagine 20 years from now! I personally choose to fly under radar as much as possible, but that's just me.

I think the majority of us agree that every bit of data in the field is helpful, no matter the source or how miniscule it is... Hell, I'll lick my finger and hold it in the air if it helps(mmm, tastes like fritos).

Remind me not to do anything to piss anyone on here off (like steal someone's photos or write what is deemed an unfavorable essay); my whole life history will show up on the forum!!! :p

RJ....take it easy man

RJ...Lay off the "chasers". Not everyone has your infinite wisdom. Everyone knows you invented the hail cage...you told us so..several times!!!! Some people desire to drive thru 4 inch hail..(I dont..but I dont cage my windows either) Some people like toys in the car..I have a couple thousand $$ tied up in mine....its like any other job/hobby..you buy what you need and can afford... Those of us that do "chase" have our own personal reasons..either for Money..Science , or the pure fun of it. I do it for all three reasons. Last time I checked...all chasers started somewhere..with little or no skills..just a burning desire to be there. Some people want to be LOOKED at and thats OK. Some toy the vehicle up for working reasons..that too is ok...and last..some do it because its fun..a hobby..like golf, hunting, beer drinking, tattoos ect. No body jumped down your ass when you continued to live the life style you brag on..so lay off. I have been spotting/chasing for over 25 years and have seen people at both ends of the spectrum and you my friend are representing the far Left side with your opinions. I point no fingers here...but would rather that chasers not be turned off or away by the writings of someone hell-bent. By the way..NWS in oklahoma does appreciate spotter reports to confirm at radar reports...thats why they teach hundreds of new spotters each year. Until the Government regulates who can or cant chase....I would prefer that WE the chase community attempt to strive towards common goals, safety and the pure and simple enjoyment of mother nature at her worst. I think I've said enough.

Okay, guys, seriously. If you can't talk about anything but RJ, don't post it. Like I said earlier, we have a pretty good idea how ST members feel about him at this point, let's not belabor the point. Especially those of you who are directing your RJ commentary to RJ. You know, I looked through the member list and I'll be damned if I saw RJ Evans listed. The guy's not even here to defend himself. Lay off, get over it, and let's talk about storms for a while.

Ben

OK Guys...agreed. As RJ is not on this forum to defend himself, in all fairness, lets lay off of him please...and please don't use the excuse that we don't have the ability to defend the rest of ourselves on his site, so fair is fair. Continued RJ bashing will be seen as a TOS violation, and will be dealt with appropriately.

Thank you.

Moderator Intervention:
This thread has been locked to prevent further attacks on RJ, as he is not here to defend himself. Any issues that any of you may have with his blog, please email him with these directly.

A new thread on hail guard design has been opened in the Equipment section. Please feel free to continue your design and theory discussions in that thread.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back