**TESSA/Texas Storm Conference 2005**

I guess Shane forgot to mention that I'll be there also... Oh well... See how he is....lol

Yeah, our motley crew (Chad, Mickey, My beautiful, wonderful girlfriend Jo Radel, and myself) will be there :lol:

I'm excited about this weekend! :D This chaser-get-together will only be a hop, skip and a jump away (at least compared to my marathon jaunt last weekend to Denver). I look forward to meeting a lot of you (and saying "hello" to those I've met before). I'm particularly excited about Al Moller's talk, since I haven't heard him speak before and I'm certain he has some wisdom regarding tornado forecasting. See you all there!

Gabe

Unfortunetly, I won't be able to make it down there as I will still have school and other things.. Not to mention other problems of making it. But, i hope to make it later on in the years to come. Some of my partners will be able to make it down there from up here in IA. Hope they have fun meeting all of you! And I hope all of you other chasers enjoy it as well... :D

A note from Martin just wanting to make sure that everybody knows the convention location...
------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that this Saturday’s Texas Storm Conference is NOT at the Arlington Convention Center, like some have thought. If you go there, you will be 5 miles too far north! :shock:

The convention is at the Bob Duncan Center on S. Center Street in south Arlington, just north of I-20.

Here are the directions:

Bob Duncan Community Center
Located in Vandergriff Park, 2800 S. Center Street
Arlington, Texas 76014

From Interstate 20 in south Arlington, exit Matlock Road and proceed north about 1 mile to E. Mayfield Road. Turn right (east) on E. Mayfield Road and proceed one-half mile to S. Center Street. Turn left (north) on S. Center Street and proceed one-half mile to the Bob Duncan Center.

Mapquest map at http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searc...=&zipcode=76014

Full conference details are at http://www.tessa.org

Thanks!

Martin

The countdown has started.
I am really looking forward to this conference and meeting some of the people I have come to know from ST. It sounds like there will be a good showing of people there. Drive/Fly safe getting there.

Originally posted by Bill Hamilton
The countdown has started.
I am really looking forward to this conference and meeting some of the people I have come to know from ST. It sounds like there will be a good showing of people there. Drive/Fly safe getting there.

Yep! T-Minus 23.5 hours and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be leaving early this afternoon as we have an errand to run in Dallas before close of business today......and that also means we will be down there in good time for the conference.

TESSA will be THE event in Tornado Alley!!!

KR

so...will there be a stormtrack.org booth where we can all gather and have our family picture taken? :D

or maybe a sticker that says "Hi, I'm a stormtrack dork. My name is______"

Originally posted by John Cameron
so...will there be a stormtrack.org booth where we can all gather and have our family picture taken? :D

or maybe a sticker that says \"Hi, I'm a stormtrack dork. My name is______\"

LOL, well, no. But Tim Marshall will be holding up the ST tradition as always at his own table. I am sure his collection of ST CDs and DVDs will be on offer as always - along with perhaps his 2004 DVD?? We shall see.....can't wait!

The doors should open around 7:00am and your truly will be working the registration table...

KR

My plane leaves this evening from Denver at 7pm, so I'll be landing in Dallas sometime after 9. Looking forward to seeing everyone there! I'll be wearing my traditionally infamous "T. LAUBACH" #81 jersey, so don't hesitate to say WASSUP!

Ciao!

Originally posted by Chris_Sanner
Checking in, will be there tommorow. Only problem is we're leaving AOA 3-4AM :shock: Hoping to see everyone there!

lol...yep, I'll be hittin the road before 5:00....but compared to my normal schedule, that's sleepin in!! :shock: 8)

We wouldn't be leaving as early, but I'm factoring in a stop at I-Hop or Denny's or a local breakfast favorite in the area. Anyone have any suggestions for breakfast close to the convention site?

Originally posted by Chris_Sanner
We wouldn't be leaving as early, but I'm factoring in a stop at I-Hop or Denny's or a local breakfast favorite in the area. Anyone have any suggestions for breakfast close to the convention site?

I don't know Arlington that well - but I'm pretty sure it's got a "strip" like any other city around those parts on the highway with a bunch of restaurants........if I knew a good non-chain "mom n' pop" I'd recommend it to you. Sorry!

If all else fails.....bring a box of Krispy Kreme...... :D

KR

Oh - EDIT - lunch will be some great BBQ offered at the Bob Duncan Center itself.....so you don't have to worry too much about lunch - it's like $6 each.

Just north of I-20 on S. Cooper St. are McDonald's - and across the street from one of them there is apparently a La Madeline (AWESOME). Try it if you can.

Not sure if very much is open then!!!!

KR

Back