**TESSA/Texas Storm Conference 2005**

Notice relayed on behalf of Martin Lisius:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vendor Tables Sold Out

All of the sponsor and vendor table spots at the 2005 TESSA TSC (Feb. 26)
are sold out (TESSA requires that all vendors present at the TSC be
registered and pay a fee). We have reached the capacity allowed by the
conference site facility.

The only sponsorship opportunities that remain are primary and support
sponsorships without a table.

Naturally, door prize contributions are always welcome.

If you have questions, contact [email protected]

Thanks!

Martin

We'll be there

Hey everyone, I have not posted here in a while, greetings to everyone new and old.

My wife, my chase partner Jacki and I will be at Tessa this year, and we are excited at the agenda and what is to come. We are excited to meet those we know, however not personally. We believe the presentation by Alan Mollar will be extraordinary.

As this is our first time at TESSA, we are thrilled to have the opportunity. Again, excited to meet everyone and participate in the many seminars.

Cheers.

Jeff Miller
J Squared Chase Team/Forums
http://jsquaredweather.com

Info...

We will be driving from the conference from Tyler, Texas (where my mom lives and whom we will be visiting). For those of you southern chasers familiar with Northeast Texas (our chase team primarily chases the Plains of Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Kansas). To get there by 7:20 AM, what time should we leave from Tyler to Arlington (accounting for early morning traffic in Dallas/Fort Worth). We want to ensure we get there in plenty of time as we are driving a long ways.

Any suggestions would be very helpful, thanks in advance.

Jeff Miller
J Squared Chase Team/Forums
http://jsquaredweather.com

Re: Info...

Originally posted by Jeffrey Miller
We will be driving from the conference from Tyler, Texas (where my mom lives and whom we will be visiting). For those of you southern chasers familiar with Northeast Texas (our chase team primarily chases the Plains of Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Kansas). To get there by 7:20 AM, what time should we leave from Tyler to Arlington (accounting for early morning traffic in Dallas/Fort Worth). We want to ensure we get there in plenty of time as we are driving a long ways.

Any suggestions would be very helpful, thanks in advance.

Jeff Miller

You should plan to leave by around 5.00am from Tyler and give yourself a generous two hours to get there (and that's assuming you know exactly where you're going - remember you can always try MapQuest and input the address of the convention for a map). I shouldn't think early morning traffic on a Saturday morning will be too bad.

Address of Convention: http://www.tessa.org/meeting_directions_lodging.html

See you there!

Since I just got a job and I figure I must attend one of these damn chaser get togethers at least once, I will be flying down from good ol' Lansing to attend. Problem is, I need transportation. I will be staying at the Super 8 in Arlington.

Originally posted by Douglas Mitchell
Since I just got a job and I figure I must attend one of these damn chaser get togethers at least once, I will be flying down from good ol' Lansing to attend. Problem is, I need transportation. I will be staying at the Super 8 in Arlington.

Douglas -

How are you getting from the airport to the Super 8? Airport Shuttle??
I guess you'll either need to call a cab or hitch a ride with a chaser to get to the convention center. You should call the Super 8 and ask if they can get you to TESSA on the Saturday morning - your Super 8 is barely 2 miles from the Bob Duncan Center. Too far to walk, but a real short drive!

Let us know if you get something worked out.

A note to those who are traveling into Arlington and are staying at a hotel... I don't know what deal you got on the Super 8, but I managed to pick up the Courtyard by Marriott for $66/night (Fri and Sat night). I'm splitting the cost with a couple other chasers, so it'll come out to be $22/night for each of us. And yes, I booked it for 3 people. I had a AAA discount which knocked it down from $69 in the first place. I heard the Super 8 was going for $69 as well, so if you don't mind the extra 3 mile trip, it may be worth checking into. The hotel is right off I-30 and is a straight 5-mile shot south to the convention center.

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/...L?WT_Ref=eConfo

I think that link will work for you to take you to the Arlington Marriott website.

See you all in Dallas in a couple weeks!

-Tony

I think I'm paying 130 bucks for 2 nights so $65/night at the Super 8. I believe they still have a limited amount of rooms left for anyone that wishes to book there.

Update relayed for Martin Lisius to the forum:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Just a few last-minute TESSA TSC notes.

The new Super Storm Spotter window decals just came in. They look very good. Glossy black and red-orange on a premium white exterior decal. They are the highest quality spotter sticker I’ve seen.

TESSA has hired a crew to tape the Super Storm Spotter session in HD. The session will be available for sell from TESSA, most likely at the www.tessa.org web site, 3-4 weeks after the event. It will first be edited and down-converted to SD and then to either DVD or VHS for distribution. Distribution on HD DVD is likely if the need presents itself.

We kindly request that TSC attendees refrain from videotaping the event. TESSA will provide a complimentary copy to each conference speaker and contributor.

More details about the Feb. 26 event can be found at www.tessa.org

--------------------------------------------------------------

Gene said:

TESSA has hired a crew to tape the Super Storm Spotter session in HD. The session will be available for sell from TESSA, most likely at the www.tessa.org web site, 3-4 weeks after the event. It will first be edited and down-converted to SD and then to either DVD or VHS for distribution. Distribution on HD DVD is likely if the need presents itself.

We kindly request that TSC attendees refrain from videotaping the event. TESSA will provide a complimentary copy to each conference speaker and contributor

Gene, will only the Storm Spotter session be taped, or the entire event. I had planned on video taping Alan Moller's presentation, "The Art and Science of Hand Analysis for Tornado Forecasting." Certainly will want to study that talk time and again. If TESSA is not going to tape this, will there be any restrictions on attendees taping that portion of the program?

Originally posted by Tim Johnson

Gene, will only the Storm Spotter session be taped, or the entire event. I had planned on video taping Alan Moller's presentation, \"The Art and Science of Hand Analysis for Tornado Forecasting.\" Certainly will want to study that talk time and again. If TESSA is not going to tape this, will there be any restrictions on attendees taping that portion of the program?

Tim -

I'm afraid I couldn't honestly tell you the answer to all that. You may email TESSA here: [email protected]
and ask about it all.

Wonderful news Gene! I am not able to make it up there this year and really want something for quick reference. Can't have enough education or reference material on hand..... :wink:
If the hand analysis is also covered, that would be the icing on the cake.

A little update about the Super Storm Spotter class that is being offered at the VERY SOON upcoming TESSA Conference:
(Original Q&A posed and answered on the WX-CHASE List)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. What is "Super Storm" training - and what makes it the highest level of training available in the country?

A. Super training is necessary to track and spot in Texas since we have the biggest tornadoes anywhere. :) Just kidding.

Actually, it's simply a higher level of training than the usual NWS basic
and advanced sessions. We developed the concept because we thought that the
need and interest was there for something more advanced (in addition to the
standard training). The TESSA Super Spotter session is not a "county"
Skywarn event. It is an event for any spotter regardless of geopolitical
affiliation. Since there is only one Super Spotter session, it is open to
all. Spotters and chasers from OH, MI, KS, MO, AL, and FL have said they
will be there, not to mention the usual TX and OK folks.

I've told those coming from distant locations to arrive early, just in case
the 500 seats we have are not enough. They can come as early as 7:00 AM.
The show starts at 8:00 AM and ends at 5:00 PM.

Martin
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

KR

I guess Shane forgot to mention that I'll be there also... Oh well... See how he is....lol

Back