• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

SPC U.S. Tornado Outbreak Interface

GPhillips

EF4
Cool webpage on days which have had violent tornadoes. You can graphically look at the watches, convective outlooks, and numerous observations and environmental analyses on the days of significant tornado events. It's a little tricky to play around with and get what you want on the day that you want it, but still great for looking at historical tornado days.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/outbreaks/#

Thank you for the nice comments. I lead the project to create the outbreak interface. When we created the webpage, the decision was made to make the webpage quick and as powerful as possible to enhance visualization even if we had to sacrifice some intuitiveness. You say it is a little tricky to get what you want on the day you want it. I was just wondering what you mean by that. Was there something specific? I'm planning to update some things on the webpage this winter when the weather quiets down and I may be able to address any concerns you might have.

Back