SN !SN! on APRS not working

J Weeks

Enthusiast
I am sending my position info via APRS using the !SN! in the comment field. However, my position is not showing up on multiple applications when displaying spotter locations. Is there an issue with SpotterNetwork or is it just me?

Having the same issue. My FTM-100DR is setup to send APRS and has !SN! in the comment field as well, but my location isn’t showing up either.

Thanks for the report, we'll take a look. I don't use APRS directly so this may take a tad longer to figure out on our side, just an FYI.

Thanks for the updates, still investigating. Unfortunately nothing new to report at this time but yes, we are working on it and plan to restore this functionality.

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread a few weeks ago. I thought something was wrong at my end. But it appears that the APRS link with SpotterNetwork is working again. I have the !SN! in the APRS Comment Beacon field and it works! Thanks for restoring this functionality.

I was just referred to this thread after I noticed it's still not working. It would be great for our ARES group for SA.

Currently working on upgrades for the Tahoe comm systems replacing the Yaesu FTM-400 with a Kenwood TM-D710G / AvMap to keep track of APRS in real time. The !SN! APRS status beacon has not worked on SpotterNetwork for quite some time, my guess the script is no longer importing positions to SpotterNetwork from the APRS - IS server. I have used !SN! in my APRS beacon to keep track across ALL platforms including my streaming location for about a decade and has been instrumental in keeping / maintaining contact with my Emergency Management partners.
The question is: If it's not going to work anymore do I need to bother putting it in the new radio?

Back