Rocky's mid winter SDS convergence Sat. Jan 27th

Hopefully this will be okay to post this here. Its a little bit of a short notice, I wasn't sure I was going to be even in town this upcoming weekend plus on how my wife was feeling, which was why I held out ontil now.

My doors will be open for anyone who may want to make the trip to my farm near Piedmont, Ok. next Sat. January 27th 1pm ontil late evening.
I will supply most of the food like hamburger, chicken, maybe some fish as well as pop and Dee has mastered one delectable queso dip that she'll be glad to share. If you want to bring anything extra, feel free to do so. Being my wife and kids will be present, no alcohol please.

Onless you have prior committments that you can't get out of, your presence is mandatory, because it won't be complete without you... bring a video if you like, and a positive attitude that this will be a better year for storms. I especially want to see some folks that haven't made it out in the last couple of years.

I would greatly appreciate an RSVP by Friday afternoon Jan 26th. I'll buy enough food for whomever can give me reasonable confidence they'll show by then. I'll post directions on Friday evening or before.
The weather will be fine for the event, infact I'll probably have the outdoor grill going.. it should be near 50F or better... at least this year I won't have to worry about burn bans! Thank God!!

So, make plans to head out here...my mid winter SDS get togethers in the past have had usually less than 15-20 people at most... maybe this year despite the short notice, it will be a little different. Look forward in seeing YOU!:D

Rocky&family

Chaser party directions for this Sat. Jan 27th 1pm

Greetings! Just to update you on the get together for this weekend, so far I have probably 10 to 12 who said they would show up for the chaser convergence here at the farm 1pm this Sat. A couple of folks are coming from as far away as Leavenworth, KS. and Houston, TX, most are from the Norman area. My wife Dee came home with a car full of groceries, with lots of stuff for the get together... we'll have hamburger and chicken and pop plus snacks galore.. come hungry. If you like to bring anything extra, feel free to do so.. a video highlights would be great... my dvd and vhs players are ready! The weather should still be okay, but you maybe dodging a few rain drops and snowflakes... I seriously doubt that this will amount to much so don't let that keep you away.

Directions to my place from Norman and OKC: I-40 to Kilpatrick TP... northbound on the Kilpatrick to Hwy 3/NW expressway... make a LEFT and proceed to Hwy 4 which is about 2-3mi. At Hwy 4 make a RIGHT. You'll be heading north thru Piedmont... continue north a couple of miles to Apache/NW 206th st. Make a LEFT.. you'll be heading west aprox. 1.5mi. Once you crest a small hill..I'm on the 3rd road on the right which is Hall Rd. make a RIGHT... take that 0.6 of a mile to the end which goes into my driveway.

From the North... I-35 to Covell Rd. exit, I'm not sure of the exit number but its the exit after Waterloo, I think exit 142 (??) which is about 20mi. north of OKC and on the north side of Edmond... You'll want to head WEST and proceed straight for about 20 miles which should bring you to Piedmont Rd. BTW: this road changes into Apache which is also NW 206th St... continue with the directions from above.

Any questions, feel free to call: cell# 405-226-2996
Home# 405-373-5097

Rocky&family

Just wanted to extend my thanks to Rocky, Dee, Amber, and Leif for once again allowing a bunch of us into their home for a day. Extra special thanks to Dee for another wonderful spread of food. Also, thanks to everyone who showed up, for the great conversation and comoradary (sp?)

A quick thanks!

Greetings! Just wanted to say a huge thank you for all who showed up. We had a total of 23 including families of a couple of chasers. Special thanks to Bobby Prentice for showing some vintage footage of tornadoes from back before even I was around...(thats a REAL long time), and to Chris Novy for trying to solve my never ending series of computer glitches. And most importantly to my wife who as always went out of her way to make some great food... she's the best! And... Amber and Leif for their great help too.

See you near a meso this spring!

Rocky&family

Back