"Rendez-Vous in Tornado Alley" - The French series needs your help!

Hi fellow storm chasers from overseas! I'd like to introduce you our project for the 2013 season.

teasing_ulule2_jpg_640x860_q85.jpg

Some of you may have already seen our first season which had been shot in 2011 and broadcasted on the french Weather Channel in 2012 but also made availaible entirely online in HD. I created a thread at the time : Thread Season 1

If you haven't seen it yet, you can still watch it on Youtube. It's subtitled in English all along the way!

Watch video >

As we really much enjoyed doing that in 2011, we're back in the plains from the 10th of May until the 23rd of June (6 weeks) this year! And we of course wish to film a new season of our series. But we also want it to be waaaay better than the first one! To do so, we started a crowd funding campaign (yes, like Reed Timmer, but we had the idea before seing his ;) ). Our goal is obviously way smaller than Reed Timmer's as storm chasing in our country is not so much of a news media headline but we're thrilled to announce we reached our first goal of 3000€ in only 4 days! Now we're going for a streched goal of 4500€ to improve the quality of our modest show.

If you're interested in helping us, even a very little, you can see all the details of our project on the site Ulule (french equivalent of Kickstarter) at this adress : http://www.ulule.com/rdvta-saison2/ (If ever it shows in French, you can switch to english in the right top hand corner).

Unfortunately, due to our tight budget, a few rewards are not available to people outside of France. The shipping costs would be too expensive for the large package of an art print. But you can get DVDs and even Blu-rays if we reach the next goal!

Feel free to share on social networks if you wish. Every help will be much appreciated and we would be more than happy to share a drink with you during our time in the plains!

ON A SECOND NOTE, we'd be interested in meeting some of you to ask them a few questions in front of our cameras about the storm chasing activity and what it means to you, to the community, to science, to everything you want... Indeed, we intend to make a clever and more profound season 2... without losing the passion and action from the first one :)

Thank you very much for your attention and see you soon under the meso!

Chris, director of "Rendez-Vous in Tornado Alley".

Banniere_RDVTA_Ulule.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am unable to contribute financially but if ever we happen to be in the same area (chances are I'd be staying in/near Colorado) I'd be more than willing to partake in an interview for this project.

Back