Power Out In Denver Chaser Conference

Originally posted by Caleb Lawrence
I wonder if any children will be born 9 months later after the elevators sticking...

Let's hope so! A few more weather nuts would be a benefit to this old lump of mud called earth :)

Pat

Wow, that's some craptacular convention coincidence.

I CERTAINLY won't mention the weather conditions here, because that would be plain rude (not that some aren't enjoying Denver's weather).
Denver is pretty good at a couple deep freezes per winter. In fact, there was a pretty cold one 10 years ago this month.

Y'know, back then we didn't HAVE the Stormchaser Conference! We froze in our cars with dead batteries and begged winter to be over. That's the way it was and we LIKED it!

I was also stuck in the elevator with Jeff Piotrosky and 8 others. i got some pretty hillarious video of the whole event :lol: . It was definitely an experience ill never forget. lol!

tho i highly doubt it, it would be pretty cool if we all got some $$ off our bills for being victimized by that elevator :D !

Originally posted by Doug_Kiesling
You could say that chasers getting to experience hurricane aftermath conditions.

Yeah, I bet that flooding in the hotel there is getting pretty bad eh! :lol:

I hope all of you that made the trip up there had fun and have a safe trip back. Sounds like a weekend to remember.

I am glad the power came on soon as it was starting to get cold. Also, the lady at the desk said those little electric keys only had a few hours of backup. Dave L. and I were getting our coats just in case when the power came on. At least we didn't have to walk up 8 floors like Jim Leonard.

Bill Hark

We Have Power

Good day,

Well, whether freezing in a blackout or not, Tim Samaras rigged up power to make the show go on!

Great job by a "man with the gadgets" ;-)

Chris C - KG4PJN

Back