National Storm Chaser Summit (Chasercon's successor), planned for 2021 in OKC

A successor to Chasercon is in the works: The National Storm Chaser Summit is planned for January 29-30, 2021 at the Sheraton Reed Conference Center in Midwest City, OK (OKC metro). The cost will be $50 per person. Tim Marshall is the event's first confirmed speaker.

Web site:

Facebook page:

No official word on who is behind this event's organization, but the phone number points to a reputable chaser.

Thank you for posting on this, Yes, James and I are behind the organization of the summit. This is not about us, that’s part why we are not trying to make a big deal about who is organizing it. It’s about the community and giving back. Our number one goal in this is education and training, and of course... having a great time with friends.

A successor to Chasercon is in the works: The National Storm Chaser Summit is planned for January 29-30, 2021 at the Sheraton Reed Conference Center in Midwest City, OK (OKC metro). The cost will be $50 per person. Tim Marshall is the event's first confirmed speaker.

Web site:

Facebook page:

No official word on who is behind this event's organization, but the phone number points to a reputable chaser.
Hi my name is sonny I am interested in going to ChaserCon but not sure if thery are going to have it with covid 19. Any thoughts?

New update guys and girls, we have moved NSCS to October. Covid was to extreme for us to have it in January. More to come.

I suspected this would be the case, even though I hadn't heard anything solid yet. Thank you for keeping everyone in the loop.

It’s official the 2021 National Storm Chaser Summit (Virtual) is 100% a go, it will be on January 30th, 2021 from 8am until 6pm and it will be FREE! We will most likely use zoom. Below is the committed guest speakers!

So far we have:

Tim Marshall

Brett Adair

Dr. Reed Timmer

Dr Jason Persoff with a special Covid presentation (we all love his insite)

Meredith L. Garofalo (Weather Nation TV) and Kathryn Prociv (NBC NEWS)

Oklahoma Highway Patrol (laws of the road)

Dr. Ashton Cook (Storm Prediction Center)

Jordan Hamilton (New Technologies and data available for chasing)

Lots more info to come!! Spread the word and save the date!

It’s official the 2021 National Storm Chaser Summit (Virtual) is 100% a go, it will be on January 30th, 2021 from 8am until 6pm and it will be FREE! We will most likely use zoom. Below is the committed guest speakers!

So far we have:

Tim Marshall

Brett Adair

Dr. Reed Timmer

Dr Jason Persoff with a special Covid presentation (we all love his insite)

Meredith L. Garofalo (Weather Nation TV) and Kathryn Prociv (NBC NEWS)

Oklahoma Highway Patrol (laws of the road)

Dr. Ashton Cook (Storm Prediction Center)

Jordan Hamilton (New Technologies and data available for chasing)

Lots more info to come!! Spread the word and save the date!

Is this Central time?

Sean

Will the conference be available online to watch at a later date if I can’t watch on the 30th? To be honest, even if I am free that day, I cannot stomach 10 consecutive hours of viewing online presentations, no matter how much I might love the subject matter. I would rather chunk it up into shorter sessions spaced apart on different days/times.

Also, just curious, will it be “live” or will some/all be pre-recorded?

Thanks rdale didn't think about that before posting .. I don't do facebook, I did just go & try to check their website instead (couldn't tell anything, but since they use the worst hosting provider out there(Wix/Parastorage) it was hard to find/see anything at all .LOL. )

Sorry it took a bit to get back, I’m not on here all the time. Our plan is to record it and post it online. This will be on zoom live. This is not free to us who are hosting the event, but free to those watching. So, recording it is an option we are looking at but it will also depend on the cost to us. We will have breaks, and a lunch scheduled. Look at about 8 total hours. Much like other conferences. Those times will be CST. (Central)

Good news! There should be no cost - Zoom will record it to their cloud for free, or you could even record it to your computer and upload the to YouTube for free too.

Good news! There should be no cost - Zoom will record it to their cloud for free, or you could even record it to your computer and upload the to YouTube for free too.
I wish that was the case, anything over an hours is $100 fee and $30 a month after to keep
It. It will be up for view for at least a few months. Thanks again for watching everyone!

Back