Power Out In Denver Chaser Conference

Doug_Kiesling

As soon as Jon Davies was finishing up his speech this morning, power failed at the chaser conference. I'm on my mobile setup but the whole hotel is dark and people are stuck in the elevators.

Not sure what is happening but word is that this is from the extreme cold and or that the whole area of the city is dark.

What everyone is sure of, this hotel does not have backup power systems and kind of sucks now.

You could say that chasers getting to experience hurricane aftermath conditions.

Update

As of now, power is still out but were back up running. Word is that Tim Samaras ran power from his truck to run the laptop and projector for the presentations.

from www.kusa.com website:

XCEL Energy is urging customers to limit usage of natural gas and electricity. Extremely high demand due to the low cold has the possibility of causing outages. Sporadic outages have been reported throughout the metro area.

Originally posted by Doug_Kiesling

You could say that chasers getting to experience hurricane aftermath conditions.

I highly doubt you guys were experiencing post-hurricane conditions. The infrastructure is still standing, afterall!

Re: Update

Originally posted by Doug_Kiesling
As of now, power is still out but were back up running. Word is that Tim Samaras ran power from his truck to run the laptop and projector for the presentations.

The upside is that if the phone network goes out, you probably have the largest collection of hams in all of Colorado right there in the hotel. :D

Originally posted by Jcook

I highly doubt you guys were experiencing post-hurricane conditions. The infrastructure is still standing, afterall!

Ok, we can call it Enron like conditions with the now rolling black out.

Originally posted by Caleb Lawrence
I wonder if any children will be born 9 months later after the elevators sticking...

I hope not, Jeff Piotrosky was in there with us... LOL :lol:

Back