NOAA OUTLOOK CALLS FOR MILD WINTER FOR MOST OF THE NATION

Sweet!

Looks like even us SDS'ed to death storm chasers won't even be able to do snow chases this year.

2006 - It just keeps getting better, ey?

Hmm

CDCollura, I would not quite say that.... in the northern plains, at least. It seems to me that a warmer than normal winter with equal precip chances may signal a greater chance of heavier snowfalls, as cold arctic air masses typically found in "colder than normal" winter seasons typically mean low dewpoints and really force the storm track south. If a warmer than normal winter pans out, and with equal precip chances over most of the nation, I think there is a pretty fair chance of at least some significant winter storms -- or more likely, ice events -- over quite a bit of the country at least a couple times, in my opinion... considering El Nino doesn't really mess things up. But hey....it IS 2006.........and 2007....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...I don't like it...the last winter was too warm and we all know what happened later with the season in May/June. What caused last year's warm winter if this one is gonna be too warm again 'cause of El Nino?

Do I really need to come to States three times to get an active late season (excluding March, April)? :)

Mild winter yes. But an El Nino winter can have an early "kickstart" to it. I once heard this from one of the better local mets in my area. So should we be prepared for some cold and snowy late autumn/early winter conditions and then prepare for a few 70's in February?

Back