*New Users. Meet and Greet Area*

Thank you! Yes, I heard of that tornado. It was in January '73. Tetsuya Fujita came to study the damages. According to him it was an F5, the strongest outside the United States.
F4 we have had many throughout history.
In fact an F4 destroyed my city in the year '69
Did you read about the tornado outbreak in Buenos Aires on April 13, 1993? About 300 tornadoes occurred in one night!

If you need information about something, do not hesitate to contact me!
How r u

Greetings all! I am a lightning photographer and researcher from the northern Illinois area.

In 2016 I started researching lightning as it brought back good memories from 2011 which I consider to be the high point in my life. Those who live in northern Illinois may remember an unusually active July and August in 2011 starting with a high-end derecho event and being followed by numerous severe thunderstorm and flash flood events. One of these events produced continuous anvil-crawler lightning for hours which included an unusually intense positive CG flash that terminated less than a mile from my location and flash-blinded me for over a half hour.

In 2018 I started capturing lightning in 240 frames per second which allows me to slow the video footage down and analyze lightning events in more detail. I post these videos to my YouTube channel named The Lightning Hunter.

Greetings all! I am a lightning photographer and researcher from the northern Illinois area.

In 2016 I started researching lightning as it brought back good memories from 2011 which I consider to be the high point in my life. Those who live in northern Illinois may remember an unusually active July and August in 2011 starting with a high-end derecho event and being followed by numerous severe thunderstorm and flash flood events. One of these events produced continuous anvil-crawler lightning for hours which included an unusually intense positive CG flash that terminated less than a mile from my location and flash-blinded me for over a half hour.

In 2018 I started capturing lightning in 240 frames per second which allows me to slow the video footage down and analyze lightning events in more detail. I post these videos to my YouTube channel named The Lightning Hunter.
Hi welcome I hope u like here lol

Hi. I've been posting here since 2013 or so but never gave an introduction. I'm a lifelong weather enthusiast with a MS degree and some research background in meteorology. I'm currently in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area... not working due to health issues. I have done some minor local chasing by myself but have never had the opportunity to chase on the plains due to not having a chase partner. I'm personally the most interested in general storm photography. Witnessing a tornado some day would be cool, but I don't really consider seeing a tornado to be the main "goal" of chasing. Hanging back and taking timelapse of storm structure is more my style. I would prefer to go with someone with a more laid-back style. Also someone who is from West Michigan that I could meet with would be awesome. Just looking for someone to maybe plan something next spring, or beyond. Everything's up in the air for me. There doesn't seem to be a special meetup thread here or anywhere else on the internet for that matter. Just one of those things I'd like to knock off my bucket list before I get old and gray. Any help appreciated. Just putting out a feeler early.

Hello, my name is Jack, and I am a high school weather nerd/amature chaser. I am a senior, and am also a car guy as well as an enthusiast of analog television technology (NBTV).

I have done Some Chasing within the midwest, but this year I plan to go on a full fledged 10 day chasing trip this may after I graduate.
20180620_185439.jpg20190524_211630.jpg20190524_141814.jpg20190524_211848.jpg
I plan to take either my '95 Chevy Suburban C1500 (350 v8, TH700R4) with 330k on it, or my '74 GMC C1500 (250 i6, 3spd Manual) with 440k on it.
20190912_172219.jpg
20190828_191423.jpg
Though the Suburban runs well, has A/C, an Overdrive, and a lot of power, I am leaning towards my beloved GMC due to the fact that it actually gets reasonable gas mileage (inline 6's are like that). Also I don't really have faith in my Suburbans 330k original automatic transmission.
20190709_163104.jpg
On the other hand, the GMC may or may not have 100,000 more miles on it than the Suburban, a non overdrive manual transmission, and a completely worn out 250 I6.
The thing is, that I have the parts in order rectify most of these problems:
-I recently bought saginaw 3 speed overdrive transmission which is a direct replacement for mine.
-I have a new cylinder head and camshaft for the 250.
-I already daily drive the thing.
-It actually gets Decent gas mileage.
-And it's 8ft bed if perfect for a slide in camper (the savings on hotel rooms would more than pay for it).
I am hopping this thing up already for Hot Rod Power Tour in June of 2020, so I have a bit more faith in it.

Hello, my name is Jack, and I am a high school weather nerd/amature chaser. I am a senior, and am also a car guy as well as an enthusiast of analog television technology (NBTV).

I have done Some Chasing within the midwest, but this year I plan to go on a full fledged 10 day chasing trip this may after I graduate.
View attachment 19607View attachment 19609View attachment 19610View attachment 19611
I plan to take either my '95 Chevy Suburban C1500 (350 v8, TH700R4) with 330k on it, or my '74 GMC C1500 (250 i6, 3spd Manual) with 440k on it.
View attachment 19612
View attachment 19604
Though the Suburban runs well, has A/C, an Overdrive, and a lot of power, I am leaning towards my beloved GMC due to the fact that it actually gets reasonable gas mileage (inline 6's are like that). Also I don't really have faith in my Suburbans 330k original automatic transmission.
View attachment 19605
On the other hand, the GMC may or may not have 100,000 more miles on it than the Suburban, a non overdrive manual transmission, and a completely worn out 250 I6.
The thing is, that I have the parts in order rectify most of these problems:
-I recently bought saginaw 3 speed overdrive transmission which is a direct replacement for mine.
-I have a new cylinder head and camshaft for the 250.
-I already daily drive the thing.
-It actually gets Decent gas mileage.
-And it's 8ft bed if perfect for a slide in camper (the savings on hotel rooms would more than pay for it).
I am hopping this thing up already for Hot Rod Power Tour in June of 2020, so I have a bit more faith in it.
Welcome to the storm website I hope u like it here I’m a high school too lol

Back