*New Users. Meet and Greet Area*

Dalton Coody said:
Here’s a image of it,
36138_bab0d53a8b39a6249b8fbc7967d1e6c2_thumb.jpg
Are there any (free) apps for windows or android that will display 3-d of storms like that?

Are there any (free) apps for windows or android that will display 3-d of storms like that?
Only app I know of that will view a storm like that is WeatherLab, but it in no way shows it in anyway like this has done. I can’t remember who did this 3d model. I’m going to look online for something that I can do to see if there’s a model available or app to do this with.

Sure is. I’d much rather just have one at home, instead of running for cover. Been there done that. I was happy to have the storm shelter next to my office, but as you said there is more to running one than having one. I had patrolman to watch the shelters, and firefighters who were appointed to watch them. Thankfully everyone during the storms here were very civil, and understood that is the way it has to be.

What was your pet policy? It's a real contentious issue. People won't leave the remains of their homes unless Fluffy can go with them (she may be about all they have left). Where do you draw the line, though? Snakes are pets, too, yet I could see their arrival really ramping up the tension in an already tense situation. Also, you're bucking the trend in OK to *close* public shelters, aren't you?

True story. A motel clerk said she gathered the guests in the most secure place they had during a tornado warning. Well, the town's a big railroad town. Lots of crews laying over before taking trains back to their home terminal. The clerk said these "drunk railroad guys" were making things uncomfortable for the other guests in the "shelter." Not sure what they were doing, probably just being loud and drunk. But she said that, after a few minutes of this, she could see it in people's eyes that they were about ready to go outside and take their chances with the tornado.

What was your pet policy? It's a real contentious issue. People won't leave the remains of their homes unless Fluffy can go with them (she may be about all they have left). Where do you draw the line, though? Snakes are pets, too, yet I could see their arrival really ramping up the tension in an already tense situation. Also, you're bucking the trend in OK to *close* public shelters, aren't you?

True story. A motel clerk said she gathered the guests in the most secure place they had during a tornado warning. Well, the town's a big railroad town. Lots of crews laying over before taking trains back to their home terminal. The clerk said these "drunk railroad guys" were making things uncomfortable for the other guests in the "shelter." Not sure what they were doing, probably just being loud and drunk. But she said that, after a few minutes of this, she could see it in people's eyes that they were about ready to go outside and take their chances with the tornado.
I’d let them bring anything they wanted in as long as it was contained. Here in our area of Arkansas, the doors usually remain locked unless someone unlocks them, or EM official can electronically unlock them beforehand from a stationary post. Doesn’t do much good after a tornado if the powers out, but the shelters here including ones at schools are amazingly well built and house up to 300-500 people a piece

Hey everyone, I'm Calvin Thomas and I live in far eastern MO, a county south of St Louis. Some of you might have seen me around in the Discord but I've never really introduced myself here. I really haven't been interested in meteorology for too long compared to everyone else here, but that doesn't mean I'm not knowledgeable, and I plan to attend college for Atmospheric Science next year. I also enjoy staring at GR2Analyst for extended periods of time. Nice to meet y'all.

Hey everybody, thought I should introduce myself. My name is Justin, and I am currently 17. I live in Eagle Creek, Oregon. I have been a weather fanatic ever since I was 6 years old, and have seen my fair share of interesting weather (look at my profile pic, for example). I bought an old weather radio, and I constantly monitor the weather stations it provides.

Last edited:
Hey everybody, thought I should introduce myself. My name is Justin, and I am currently 17. I live in Eagle Creek, Oregon. I have been a weather fanatic ever since I was 6 years old, and have seen my fair share of interesting weather (look at my profile pic, for example). I bought an old weather radio, and I constantly monitor the weather stations it provides.
Hello I’m Jesi welcome to storm channel lol

Welcome to stormtrack Matthew. I am still pretty new myself but have learned a lot from people on stormtrack. Keep at it and you will fulfill your dreams of becoming a television meteorologist. Also most of my family lives in the Butler and Sedgwick county area.
Hello

Hey everyone! I'm Cameron and I am 18. I too have absolutely loved weather ever since I was a kid. I used to and still do watch lots of different storm chasing videos on YouTube for fun. I hope to sometime maybe next year or in a few years to do a little storm chase adventure in the spring/summer. I live in Indiana and we dont really get storms here like we used to in central Indiana it seems like. I have recently become a certified storm spotter and have been doing a lot of my own research on storms and tornadoes at home. I am currently saving up for a Toyota 4runner to take out to the plains to chase with. This will be my little storm chase vehicle perhaps. I have a good amount of knowledge on storms and tornadoes but I lack the experience of a genuine storm chase. Is there any way to see who is looking for a chase partner here? Can I ask this? I would love to gain experience my first year with someone rather than go alone for that is dangerous and not as fun. Thanks! I'm excited to be a part of this Discord!

Back