*New Users. Meet and Greet Area*

Hello!

My name is Andy and I currently reside in Denver, CO. I’m originally from Louisville, KY and have always been fascinated with weather, storms in particular. I’m a very much a newbie at chasing, and am still very careful. I know just enough to be dangerous, and I definitely don’t want to put myself or others at risk! Thanks for having me in the group!

I am Tony, live in the Seattle area, but grew up in the Mid-West. I was an active chaser in the 70s and 80s. Now I provide communications support (as an amateur radio operator) for weather enthusiasts.

whoa.. Quite a few new members joining in the past week or so. That's nice to see!

@Andy Acree:
..deja vu.. I just saw someone with that last name when looking at my weather app this afternoon .lol.
(maybe a relative of yours)

Name is Tim Thomas and have always looked at the clouds in wonder. Got into the fire service and realized how much I enjoy watching the glory of our planet unfold. I also respect it and decided a couple of years ago to take it more seriously. We use the various weather apps/programs to track storms as they enter my VFD's area and to assist others during storms. During Barry, I assisted a team that was working that arena conducting rescue missions to keep them weather aware. Look forward to actually getting out and "chasing" with some of you folks and learn tips and tricks on how to be a better observer.

Hello I am Rachel Danson I am a storm spotter in the St. Louis Missouri area and I chase when I can. I caught my first tornado on 5/21/19 between Weldon Springs and Chesterfield. I have always had a passion for all of mother natures fury. I chase locally because I have a 9 to 5 day job.

Hey folks, new here. Liam from Alberta, Canada. I’ve been fascinated with storms since we had a small tornado touch down at our lake and dump some massive trees on the cabin we were hiding out it. I was 11 and it took some time to get over that, but once I did it turned into a passion, and for the past 25 years I’ve followed and photographed any storm that was within my reach. Thanks for having me!

Hey everyone, Tim from central Oklahoma. I'm a local volunteer first responder, also involved in local emergency management, as well as an amateur radio operator. My interest in chasing/spotting has increased over the last few years due to my involvement/training as a local responder. I signed up here to learn and possibly meet some folks from my local area.

Hello everyone. My name is Mark Jack and I'm from Westmoreland, Kansas. I recently got interested in storm chasing withing the past two years and it's been quite a learning experience ever since. I'm on Spotter Network, Skywarn certified, and registered through the NWS. I'm also an amateur radio operator holding a general class license (KZ0RPR), I need to stop being so lazy and go test for extra haha. My current mobile radio setup is an Alinco DR-140 into a Nagoya UT-72 mag mount. I run both Radarscope and APRS on my phone if needed and GRLevel3 on my laptop. I've got a cheap dashcam for video, as well as a GoPro mounted wherever I may need it. This forum has been extremely helpful for me so far as I dive deeper into this stuff and I look forward to learning from some of you who have been doing it for years.
You’ll really enjoy them GoPro for chasing, they really do come in handy. Been doing this over 20+ years, and those cameras are quite amazing no as long as you get the GoPro hero3 or above. I used to use them all the time, but now have a 4K camera attached to a tripod inside as well as my new iPhone XS MAX which takes almost as good of footage as any pro camera. I have a plethora of cameras, when I’m not chasing storms, photography is my thing. I know the in and outs of most cameras and have bought and purchased, or even reviewed them just to take them back. Keep the GoPro and I would get on FB marketplace and look for some more. You get two-four mounted on a vehicle simultaneously you’ll never miss a thing and get every aspect of the storm. I recently got another drone that I plan on using for POV shots of the storms

Hi everyone. Just joined after discovering this site yesterday. I have been a weather fanatic ever since I can remember. It was something that we did as a family - watch all the weather forecasts on the news, head outside during blizzards, and watch with excitement when a hurricane would be coming up the Atlantic. I even created a weather forcasting program when I was about 15 or 16 using a Texas Instruments TI-99 and IBM PC jr.

I always gravitated toward severe weather. As a photographer I've always tried to capture storms, but it wasn't until I got into time lapse photography about 11 years ago, that I really started capturing storms the way I had always dreamed of doing. A few years ago I started to go on storm chasing trips, and for the past couple of years I have lead photography storm chasing trips - letting the storm chasing experts do all the hard work - while myself and my workshop participants captured the magic.

I've already learned a lot just int he day that I've been reading the forum and look forward to see where all this new found education takes me. :)
I do tours as well, and at a lower cost than most of the other guys. My trips go as long as 1 day to 5 days. I look at it as other people have lives to live and being out very long starts to get on peoples nerves.

Hey everyone, Tim from central Oklahoma. I'm a local volunteer first responder, also involved in local emergency management, as well as an amateur radio operator. My interest in chasing/spotting has increased over the last few years due to my involvement/training as a local responder. I signed up here to learn and possibly meet some folks from my local area.
I am looking forward to do a MEET and GREET for the 2020 season. Somewhere near Oklahoma, and hopefully we can meet, and get amateurs and pros a like. I’m a veteran law enforcement officer, been doing this 20+’years and working on getting my bachelors in meteorology now

Hello all,

Thanks for the add. Lifelong weather enthusiast that has lived all over the world but my time in the states has been confined to the SE.
Almost a degreed meteorologists through Mississippi State University, will graduate spring 2020. Spent 12 years active duty as a weather technician on in the USAF. Currently a DoD civilian still working in USAF weather. Living the dream.

Hello to all, thanks for the add. My name is Ron and I am the sports medicine director at a large university in New York. As part of my position and the rest of my staff is the safety and protection of my athletes, visiting teams as well as fans at our outdoor venues/stadiums from severe weather.⚡🔥❄️☔️🌬 This site plus joining Radar Scope will be a great adjunct to our safety and emergency actions plans that we utilize!!!

Hello everyone. I’m James and I’m a certified skywarn spotter who lives in NH and FL. I’m Amatuer radio operator N1PZP and I’m a retired firefighter of over 20 years.
God Bless and 73..
James

Hey Yall!! My name is Matthew Crone but mainly answer to Crone. I'm a student at Oklahoma State University and have lived in Oklahoma my whole life. With this I have developed a passion in storm chasing in my state when ever I can. I've been chasing with friends for 3 years however this year was my first as primary. I am primarily self taught except a short preliminary study this last year. I really look forward to learning more about the community and further my understanding of these beautiful storms.

Back