*New Users. Meet and Greet Area*

Hello Everyone one, my name is Rob and I live in Wessington Springs South dakota, I have always liked weather since I was a child, my grandaddy would take us up to the top of the park which over looks the whole town looking East when there was bad weather east of us we would sit up there for hours and watch it I've watched lightning strike many things and even see tornados from up there he and my great grandaddy were very knowledgeable about weather, then in 2005 we had a tornado go through the west end of town, then a big flood do to a dam failing then again in 2014 we had a tornado that cut right through the heart of town and took out every one around me, my house was the only one left, with minimal damage to my steel roof do to stuff falling out of the sky and it's a trailer house LOL, so I have had my fair share of weather and I just get more and more interested in it every day.

HI everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster (I think - that actually might not be true). Been chasing since 2007 and I'm one small third of British storm chasing trio See Nature's Fury. Originally from North East UK, now living on the south coast in Brighton.

My name is Trevor Shepard, I've been a severe weather enthusiast all my life. Im from the Springfield Missouri area, when I was younger my parents called me the miniature Tom Dye, a local meteorologist. December 1st 2018 my hometown was struck by small EF1, several outbuildings destroyed along with the local Meeks. My home lost some siding, and I lost a little pee! "It sounds like a freight train" is an accurate description. Luckily the EAS gave us nearly 6 minutes lead time. The local weather app wasnt up to the task so I purchased radarscope and have been obsessed with it ever since. I've been a lurker on this site for a little while, I enjoy chasing when I can. On may 22 2019 I was on the supercell that produced several damaging tornadoes, including the tornado that struck Jefferson City Missouri. Unfortunately there were 3 fatalities near Golden City, it was a strong EF3 (very likely EF4 winds) It was that storm that made me realise how important networks like this and local spotters are.with my work schedule, unless the convective outlooks are good near me I just watch Radarscope and wish I was there. I'm Skywarn certified. I also enjoy "very" amateur photos of various weather phenomenon. I've recently created a Facebook Page with some of the photos. (After realizing no one can actually see them on my private facebook)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190522-213406_Samsung ApexService.jpg
    Screenshot_20190522-213406_Samsung ApexService.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Good Morning all,
My name is Ken, I now live in the foothills of the Ozarks in east central Oklahoma. I have been interested in observing the weather as far back as I can remember, both growing up on the farm, and in my career as a Rural Mail Carrier, both near the central part if NJ. Now widowed and retired, I'm living as a sort of hermit, not far from an Abbey, on a little place I call the, "Three Cedars Homestead". I missed the formal storm spotter training course given by NWS Tulsa earlier this year, so I've been studying what's online, both from NWS/EmergencyManagement sources, and spotters/chasers [s/o to Skip Talbot and Pecos Hank]. I plan on taking the formal course at its next offering, and being a [mostly] local spotter.

Hello, everybody! My name is Matthew, and I've been a weather fanatic since I was a little kid! Even from memories dating back to when I was as young as 5, I remember being fascinated by watching VHS tapes (yep, I'm old enough to have used those when I was a kid) of The Weather Channel's videos on tornado chasing and hurricane chasing. I'm always looking outside when nasty weather comes (more common where I live in Central TN than where I spent my first 20 years of life in Southern New England), and also constantly watching the clouds and using what I've learned to try to predict the weather. I've been reading weather info books for years, and a 16th Christmas present from my now-deceased Great Aunt was an old college Meteorology textbook my cousin owned and I was able to understand it quickly. Even today, I still read the outdated book and find it fascinating! I plan on getting a BS in Meteorology from nearby Western Kentucky University and later a Doctorate from Oklahoma University with a focus in Severe Weather. I would love to be like Mike Seidel, Mike Bettes, or Jim Cantore, being on the front line of storms and events as well as helping to protect people from the elements and improve our knowledge of them. If I could work for the Weather Channel, I dream of eventually being a Severe Weather Expert like Greg Forbes. If I can't work for the Weather Channel, I'd love to work for the National Weather Service. Outside of weather, I love Japan, food, writing poems, alcohol (I don't drink much due to my meds, but I love learning about cocktails as well as the alcohols themselves), traveling, Japanese anime and manga, video games, and a childhood show I hold near and dear to my heart (that's still funny as an adult, for different reasons), Rocko's Modern Life. Sorry for the long intro!

Hello all, my name is Jody and i’m A true okie from Muskogee. Currently live in Cookson, Oklahoma. I’ve been interested in weather for as long as I can remember. I am an ex US Army infantry soldier, retired police officer with 22 years of service, currently working for the US Gov. I have always worked in various weather conditions as a police officer, to include spotting for city emergency management., and have found myself at a place where I can pursue it more. I recently completed a local Vo-Tech storm spotter course presented by Von Caster, KTUL Tulsa. Look forward to learning more and sharing what I can.

Hello Neighbor, from Lost City!

While it's not good to want more tornados for an adrenaline fix cause they cause so much damage and injuries. What do produce always take the opportunity to study and research to further knowledge on them.

Hello, my name is Paul Carlson. Weather enthusiast since birth. Haha - it's in your blood, or it isn't!🌪️ I am in Fanning Springs, FL. Daniel Noah from the NWS in Tampa, FL turned me on to this site.

Hello, my name is Norman, I have been into weather since my childhood, I currently am Skywarn trained and a member of our local ARES group here in Polk County Florida in Lakeland. I am also the Net Manager for Polk ARES and we have weekly Nets on the WC4PEM emergency management repeater system. My call sign is WX4NEX, I'm just a Technician class operator but studying for my General class license.

I also do the weekly Skywarn Net from the NWS in Ruskin, Florida.

Great to meet everone :)

Greetings! I'm Christene. I'm originally from Cheyenne, Wyoming. I didn't see the F3 that hit the city 40 years ago (July 16, 1979), but I was still old enough to remember how it impacted everyone around me. I saw a few tornadoes growing up, but never had a camera handy. To this day, I still dream about getting my own photo of one, literally! (And yes, I'm old enough to know the difference between literally and figuratively.) 😆

I'm not going to lie. I've lurked here for a few years; not really sure if I would fit in. After reading so many postings, however, I started realizing how I've loved other facets of the weather just as much. I guess I got so fixated on my bucket list that I didn't think about how often I photograph the clouds and other storms as well.

I still have so much to learn. After a particularly scary moment last week, I decided to become more proactive in chasing the knowledge to see where it takes me. Along with amateur photography, my creative outlets include gaming, vlogging, and editing videos for my minuscule YouTube channel.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this group.

Hi everyone, I'm Derek. Found my way here from the RadarScope app and I've been obsessed with storm chasing and general weather since I was little. Took the spotter class last year and I'm fairly active in the local SKYWARN Facebook page for my area. Thanks for having me!

Nice to meet everyone. I've been a weather fanatic ever since I experienced the Joplin tornado. My wife and I volunteered for weeks afterward and it changed my life. My wife is a science teacher so we bounce things off of each other all of the time. Thank you, everyone, for sharing your knowledge and creating an atmosphere for everyone to learn and ultimately become better and safer storm chasers.

Omg 😲 I am a Joplin fanatic. This is one of my fav F5s to learn about.
Nice to meet everyone. I've been a weather fanatic ever since I experienced the Joplin tornado. My wife and I volunteered for weeks afterward and it changed my life. My wife is a science teacher so we bounce things off of each other all of the time. Thank you, everyone, for sharing your knowledge and creating an atmosphere for everyone to learn and ultimately become better and safer storm chasers.

• Hey y'all. Im Chelsea Rose. Since my dad showed me my first storm at 5 years old. I have had funnel vision ever since!!! My dad would take me out and we would ride around just to get a better look! My dad's the only other person who loves severe weather that I know, besides a few friends. I am a certified storm spotter through skywarn, I am thankful for that. I am very interested in chasing and learning everything there is to know about tornados in particular. I am also huge on storm photography. A good friend who teaches me alot introduced me to radar scope and I have learned to read radar, still quite a few things I need to learn. I love learning about specific tornados, and historic tornados and their history in general! I was telling a friend I wish they had a social media for storm chasers and he introduced me to this site. I am excited to get to learn from all the experienced fellow weather lovers, and read what they experience and share. 💗🌪🌩🌧

Back