*New Users. Meet and Greet Area*

Hey everyone. I am a Spotter out of the Chicago area. I love everything storms. By trade I am a Media Producer. I love to photograph storms & lightning when I find the time. Just wanted to jump on and say HI!

Hey all!
Name is George Rick, located in Anderson County, Texas. Ive been involved with Storm Spotting for several years. Certified by SkyWarn about 10 years ago as a Storm Spotter. Currently a Tech Level HAM Operator "KI5ACP" and work with the local LE when the weather comes up nasty. Being a Lvl 3/4 Security Officer and NASAR (Search & Rescue)Tech II Certified, I make it a point to get out and get involved with weather related issues in the community.
Ive seen several Tornado's but just recently experience being in one while in my p/u spotting (nothing much, just an EF0 that caused minor wind and tree damage) was within about 100 ft from it as it touched down and crossed right in front of me. Pretty neat watching what it does to wind at ground level. Was in such aww that I forgot to take a video of the whole thing but maybe next time..
TDF2.jpg

Hello all, my names Chris Karraker and I’ve always been a fan of weather. I used to live right in the middle of tornado alley but have since lived in WI these last 20 years. I love photographing lightning and storm cells when I get the chance, and while so haven’t done any chasing yet other than to try and photograph, it’s something I hope to get around to someday,

I am an avid falconer and the weather regularly affects my ability to hunt my birds so I need to pay close attention to it. I’m hoping by spending some time here I can learn even more and give myself some more knowledge to be able to track and document systems better.

Attachments

• 43013917-B6E1-4C68-A2D1-C12CAE7222B8.jpeg
    43013917-B6E1-4C68-A2D1-C12CAE7222B8.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 0
  • FC549BDA-F98B-4B90-B99B-22F946465C2F.jpeg
    FC549BDA-F98B-4B90-B99B-22F946465C2F.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 79D0E010-A262-457D-8F30-FC9F38FBDB3C.jpeg
    79D0E010-A262-457D-8F30-FC9F38FBDB3C.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 0
Greetings all. My name is Milford C. Weeks. I have been interested in weather and nature's power since I was a child and watched a tornado spawn sisters and bounce around over the Homochitto River with my grandfather. He also hooked me on scanners and public safety. I first got some serious training and got to experience spotting in High School with a local VFD. Watching many a funnel and hail and flooding and serious tropical storms growing up in MS just fueled the fire. I dropped out of WX watching for a while but was awakened to it again a few years ago when we had a close call with an tornado that almost hit where I was working. Shortly after that the 2013 Moore tornado hit and the ministry group I volunteer with went in to assist with the rescue and clean up, and we're almost hit by the tornado that hit just a couple of days later. I then began research on my own, and eventually took the online Mesoscale Meteorology courses, the SkyWarn online classes, did s local NWS Spotter Talk, and am again a Spotter here in Indianapolis, IN. Eventually I hope to do some chasing also.

Hey y'all. Im Chelsea Rose. Since my dad showed me my first storm at 5 years old. I have had funnel vision ever since!!! My dad would take me out and we would ride around just to get a better look! My dad's the only other person who loves severe weather that I know, besides a few friends. I am a certified storm spotter through skywarn, I am thankful for that. I am very interested in chasing and learning everything there is to know about tornados in particular. I am also huge on storm photography. A good friend who teaches me alot introduced me to radar scope and I have learned to read radar, still quite a few things I need to learn. I love learning about specific tornados, and historic tornados and their history in general! I was telling a friend I wish they had a social media for storm chasers and he introduced me to this site. I am excited to get to learn from all the experienced fellow weather lovers, and read what they experience and share. 💗🌪🌩🌧

Attachments

• CollageMaker_20190601_214627330.jpg
    CollageMaker_20190601_214627330.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PSX_20190721_225805_Signature.jpg
    PSX_20190721_225805_Signature.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 0
  • ohioglittertwister1.jpg
    ohioglittertwister1.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190523_142953~2.jpg
    20190523_142953~2.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PhotoEditor_20190616_191846360.jpg
    PhotoEditor_20190616_191846360.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi! I'm Hadlee. I've been reading Storm Track for many years but haven't participated in conversations. It's nice to see the "Meet & Greet" for all of us to connect more.

I've been a weather junkie since childhood. Storm spotting or chasing since the early 80's, becoming more active when I moved back to NTX in 1998. I was active in Skywarn, RACES and the Red Cross DAT until a vertigo related disease prevented me from being mobile or on the road. I participate in CoCoRaHS and I'm an amateur radio operator (WX5LDY)

I helped manage a breaking news FB group for our area after our deadly tornado in May of 2013. I left the breaking news group early this year to focus more on public awareness through a local FB page. I post the severe weather/hazardous weather information and updates from the NWS when needed.

Keep up the good work gentlemen!! I appreciate Storm Track, the forums and the education I have gained!! Thank you for all your hardwork!

My name is Nathan. I’ve been into meteorology poverty 20 years. I graduated from Texas A&M in 2011 with a meteorology minor and participated in events with the TAMSCAMS and TASC. I also worked as an emergency dispatcher in a previous life. Now if I chase it’s mostly solo and from a safe distance for photography. My confirmed tornado count is 7.

Hi - Been lurking for a little while now. Completely blown away by the knowledge of folks here. I am a trained spotter and enjoy chasing when I’m able. Mostly these days, I just use my knowledge to keep folks safe in these unpredictable storms that Middle TN spins up. However I would one day like to go chasing in Tornado Alley in the hopes of witnessing my first tornado.

Howdy folks. My name is David Therio. I have always had an interest in weather. I remember hunkering down beneath the couch in Midwest City during the May 3, 1999 tornadoes.

A lot has changed since then in terms of meteorological knowledge and technology.
I have a beginners grasp on storm spotting and I’m hoping to increase my knowledge through this forum.

Hello everyone. My name is Andy. Weather lover and future storm chaser. Located in SW Ohio and I love storms of all sorts. Hope to learn from everyone here!

Hi ya’ll! I’m Anthony. I’ve been chasing storms for about 30 years as a hobby but began to learn the fundamentals of using skew-t charts and mesoanalysis data the past couple of years. I have so much to learn but have enjoyed my journey so far.

Hey everyone! My name is Chris Garrison, I live in Birmingham, AL. I am a trained spotter, and have loved the weather my entire life. My eyes are always on the sky. I am here to learn as much as possible, and give input where I can! Glad to be a part of the community.

Hi everyone. My name is Judi and I live in Sioux City IA. I am a weather enthusiast looking to learn as much as I can about weather. I have been a Skywarn Storm Spotter for over ten years and this past year I became a Certified member of the Siouxland News Storm Spotters Network with KMEG (CBS) and KPTH (FOX) of Siouxland. I am glad to be apart of this community.

hello everyone. My name is Dusty LeBaron and I live in Winnfield, Louisiana. I’ve been a member of this site since March of this year but am now just getting around to introducing myself.

My love for weather has been life long. My parents joked that I was “marked” in the womb due to 2 tornadoes striking out home and town a week before I was born. As a child, I had a passion for learning about weather. I wanted to know the clouds, the weather patterns, meteorology.....everything. I started in my teenage years speaking with local meteorologist and developed a friendship with them then moved on to storm chasing, I continued chasing for about 14 years until I became disabled in a terrible wreck due to a careless driver hitting me. I currently report conditions to KALB, KNOE, and KSLA and the NWS in Shreveport. I run a Facebook page that issues alerts and Weather information for our local parishes that currently has over 3000 followers. It’s nice to meet you all and am happy to be a member of this group.

Back