*New Users. Meet and Greet Area*

Hi all! I'm Lisa, and I'm from Pflugerville, TX (just north of Austin). I've been interested in severe weather and tornadoes since I was a very little girl growing up in N Central Texas, but I've to date never seen a tornado in person. I've been working so hard the past several months to learn as much as I can about weather and storms in order to get out there and see one myself. I'm on the ST Discord, part of the Spotter Network, took a class with the NWS, and just recently ordered a copy of Meteorology Today. It was a dream of mine to be a meteorologist, but it wasn't quite in the cards for me career-wise. Now I'm working diligently at it and would love to really get out there and chase for the first time with a little knowledge under my belt. :)
I wouldn't rule out your career dream, Lisa. Aubrey Urbanowicz, a Virginia TV meteorologist and co-host of the WeatherBrains podcast, didn't join the profession until her late 20s or early 30s. The life experience she gained before then served her well in her profession.

Hello Everybody. My name is Jaynell, I live in Oklahoma. I have been Storm Spotting and Chasing since my Sophomore year in High School (late 80's). I love everything about the weather. I am married and have 4 human kids, and 7 four legged kids. My oldest twin daughter is Autistic and she is a Storm Spotter. She helps me out alot when taking videos,photographs or even traveling with maps and gps. I also am a Learning Coach for my youngest daughter. My Autistic daughter and I have been in two tornadoes together. I look forward to talking and hopefully meeting you all someday.
Welcome, Jaynell. Your perspective is a valuable one. The Weather Enterprise is trying to reach out to people who might not comprehend the messages as they're sent now. What advice do you have as to how to reach Autistic people with warnings and with safety info after a disaster? (Mods may want to move this reply to a different forum).

Hey, Everyone, I'm Sean Hurst I'm from Houston, TX and Nacogdoches, TX (University). I haven't really been storm chasing more just squalls that come through Nacogdoches. I am Spatial Science also known as a Geographical Information Systems Major at Stephen F Austin State University. I do photography in my free time of anything I can get myself into. Other than that I've been super interested in storms since I was five or six and now I hope to someday incorporate GIS with the weather.

Hi Everyone, I'm Eric Hildebrandt, I am from Brandon, Manitoba, Canada. I have been fascinated and extremely interested in extreme weather since I can remember as a kid. I was the one glued to the door or window watching the storms go overhead and yes that includes Canadian Prairie snow storms. For quite some time I have gotten out to follow local storms to video or photograph. This year I have decided I want to chase and learn more about extreme weather. I am learning in detail what I can so I can storm hunt safely.

Hey all, I'm Garrett Harvey and from Naples, FL. I have lived in Naples for all of my life and have been in some interesting storms such as Charley, Fay, and Irma. I have had an interest in weather since I was very very young and have been known to be distracted to look outside to see such cloud spectacles and storms. I am also an intern for "How the Weatherworks" and have been a part of rainfall perceptions (AMS published). I am also getting ready to graduate High School and move on to college, either FGCU for 2 to get core classes and FSU for 2-4 years for meteorology. Or just FSU for 4+ years. :)

Hey everyone my name is Josh Nelson I’ve been interested in meteorology and chasing for as long as I can remember. I currently am in college and don’t have a rig yet but hopefully will change soon. I’m from Pratt KS a pretty central location for chasing and great road networks until it rains! Anyway just wanted to say hey.

Hello my name is Dustin. I’m from La Center, KY about 30 miles from Paducah, KY. I’ve been interested in weather ever since I was around 10. Always excited when severe storms come through the area. When I was younger I was riding with my local emergency management spotting storms with them. That was always fun. I’m also in a couple different chats somewhere else where I learn new things everyday and excited to learn new things here. It’s been a wild year here so far. 1 derecho and a few tornadoes that hit the county. Excited to be a part of this community!!

Hey all, You may know me from the ST Discord but if not, I'm John Choquette and I live in Oklahoma City, OK. I grew up in Connecticut loving the big snowstorms and hurricanes. Ever since the 1995-96 winter, I have always wanted to work in the world of weather. After graduating with my bachelors degree I moved to Oklahoma to work at my current job. I am the lead Meteorologist for a company called Hail Trace which specializes in tracking large hail. We storm chase for both marketing and research purposes. We intentionally punch hail cores but we happily stay out of the core to see nice tornadoes. We have also chased every hurricane since Harvey. I will have been chasing regularly for 6 years by the end of 2019. I try to engage in the storm track discord when I have time and I will try to post in here from time to time!

Hey everyone. I went on my first storm chase this year. My wife is an avid weather fanatic(to say the least), so I decided to join her this year and had a great time chasing. We are already booked for next year!!!

Neal

Hello all, my name is Jody and i’m A true okie from Muskogee. Currently live in Cookson, Oklahoma. I’ve been interested in weather for as long as I can remember. I am an ex US Army infantry soldier, retired police officer with 22 years of service, currently working for the US Gov. I have always worked in various weather conditions as a police officer, to include spotting for city emergency management., and have found myself at a place where I can pursue it more. I recently completed a local Vo-Tech storm spotter course presented by Von Caster, KTUL Tulsa. Look forward to learning more and sharing what I can.

Hello everyone! My name is Kevin and I'm from Pittsburgh, PA. I have been interested in weather and weather events / technology since I was little. Storm spotting was actually what drove me to get my amatuer radio license and study up on reporting weather events to the NWS. I have taken both the basic and advanced storm spotting class presented by the NWS team from Moon Township PA. I have also taken the MetEd course (highly recommend) and the SpotterNetwork training class.

My background however is information technology. I have an Associate of Science in Network Security and Computer forensics and am going back to school to get my Bachelor's of Science in Network Operations and Security.

Hello, my name is Bill and i'm from SW Pennsylvania. I've been interested in weather since I was 12. I've been a skywarn spotter since 2011 and got into weather photography in 2012. Currently I send rain amounts and wind speeds to a local news station and recently started a YouTube channel for weather lovers. Soon in the future I hope to be storm chasing. I always wanted to since I was young. Also don't worry, i'm not going to be another car in a traffic jam in front of a storm, I want to be distant to see the whole storm structure and view some lightning.

Hello, my name is Justin, and I live in Auburn, New York. I’ve been interested in meteorology, especially tropical cyclones, since I tracked Hurricane Irma in 2017. I’m also quite fond of astronomy, history, and physics. Some of the more experienced users may have recognized me from the ST Discord, of which I was a member of during the spring and summer of 2018 (I tried a few times to get back there, but they have been unsuccessful for reasons unknown). I’m on the autism spectrum, although I have greatly improved my ability to communicate with others over the past couple of years.

I will be graduating from high school next year, after which I plan on getting an associate’s degree in GIS before going to SUNY Oswego to get a major in Meteorology.

Hello all, my name is cody. I found the site via RadarScope and I've been interested in weather for a few years. I recently moved to oklahoma so I will hopefully get some first hand experience on the subject. I'll be lurking and learning for now but when I've learned enough to contribute I'll definitely be glad to jump in on discussions!

Hi there, my name is Jack and I live in the Kansas City area. I first became seriously interested in meteorology a few years ago when a rotating wall cloud had gone over my head and I didn’t even realize what it was. I’m going to enter my senior year of high school. As of now I’m planning to go to a college where I can study/get a degree in meteorology. I have a strong interest in chasing and I don’t really chase much as of now, apart from finding a spot where I can sit and observe a passing thunderstorm.

Back