*New Users. Meet and Greet Area*

Hey! You guys freaking rock. So much info I have learned from this page and it’s absolutely awesome.

My name is Chad Mcdonald (30) currently working at a ski resort in New Mexico but have lived in 11 states in 12 years mainly doing seasonal work. Working in ski resorts gives me an “offseason” from April 15th-early or mid June. This next spring offseason I plan on living in my Jeep and chasing storms through the Great Plains. I have always been interested in it, and this might be my last opportunity to devote 2 solid months on the road checking these bad boys out.

I’m learning a ton from you guys/gals with the main concern being safety for everyone involved and something I will take seriously out there.

I think I will start somewhere around OKC area and move accordingly with the weather. If anyone else has a couple months I’d love to meet up and grab a pre-chase coffee out on the road.

Thanks to everyone. What a beautiful site you have created.

Hi I'm Matt. I'm just a skywarn storm spotter for where I live. I don't chase anymore since I don't have time. I still grab anything I can read on weather and meteorology. Have a project I want to start one day but will need significant funding behind it.

My name is Jimmy Evans founder/ceo of CENTRAL ARKANSAS STORM CHASING ORGANIZATION.
We started this team about 5 years ago.
We are an licensed company with the state of Arkansas and have also received a tax id number from the IRS.
We go out and observe SEVERE Weather Event within the state of Arkansas, and report to the National Weather Service in Little Rock Arkansas and to the local new outlet.

Not sure if im posting Correctly but it has been a while since I have posted on a chat thread like this one.

I have been a storm spotter since i
Was a child bad have been officially since 2012 with 2 certificates via the network and MetEd certified.

As scary as I'm sure it was, That's always gonna be a part of history and you got to be there. I've never seen a tornado quite like that one, and it's one of my favorite ones to read and watch videos on. The external vortices tentacles were hauntingly beautiful on that monster! Glad you and your family were safe!

Hi all! My name is Kris Backmeyer and I've been storm spotting for the last 5 years. I've been studying weather ever since going on a "chase" down to Texas, and realizing how dumb I was in that endeavor. :) But I saw my first true beauty of a supercell then, and have been hooked ever since. I'm still fascinated by the science and continuing to try to understand what I am seeing more intuitively. I've been reading and learning a lot, but am still very far from expertise! I usually make at least one big trip per year, and have managed to photograph 7 tornados thus far.

As scary as I'm sure it was, That's always gonna be a part of history and you got to be there. I've never seen a tornado quite like that one, and it's one of my favorite ones to read and watch videos on. The external vortices tentacles were hauntingly beautiful on that monster! Glad you and your family were safe!
Thank you! Maybe one day you will get to lay your eyes on such a monster! I will youtube that tornado sometimes just to relive that day if you may. Do you guys get severe weather at all?

Im in North East Ohio. :( right on P.A line and dont get me wrong Ohio averages about 18 or 19 tornados a year. Im sure everyone heard of the Xenia F5, Well EF5 back then.. We do but not nearly as much as I'd like to see. Although we have had an active year. The memorial day F4 tornados that hit Dayton the night of May 28th this year was probably the biggest in a while. I would love to live somewhere alot more active! We get alot of storms, but not as likely to get a tornado out of them.

Im in North East Ohio. :( right on P.A line and dont get me wrong Ohio averages about 18 or 19 tornados a year. Im sure everyone heard of the Xenia F5, Well EF5 back then.. We do but not nearly as much as I'd like to see. Although we have had an active year. The memorial day F4 tornados that hit Dayton the night of May 28th this year was probably the biggest in a while. I would love to live somewhere alot more active! We get alot of storms, but not as likely to get a tornado out of them.
Now that you mention it, I remember reading about the memorial day tornados. Just move on down to Bama and you will get plenty of action lol!

Hi my name is Drew, found this site through RadarScope and I’ve followed storms 8n the past in Murfreesboro TN when there was a f5 there..... have always liked storms..... I try to catch lighting in storms. Maybe I can learn some here.

Good morning fellow weather enthusiasts. My name is Brandan Sichling and I am in the Southernmost Illinois / Southeast Missouri area around Cape Girardeau, MO. I serve as assistant chief of the McClure-East Cape Girardeau Fire Protection District in East Cape Girardeau, IL. I have been a weather spotter for several years now but have just recently joined the ST network forums. I look forward to getting to know some people and learning more about weather behavior.

Back